: )

by Narkissos 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

This may not be my last post on JWD but I feel the time has come for some kind of "goodbye thread" nonetheless.

I first ventured on (French-speaking) xJW forums in 2003, when my own JW past was already old history and practically meaningless to any of my acquaintances in so-called "real life". Looking back, beyond mere curiosity I certainly felt the need to revisit this almost-forgotten chapter of my life story. What especially drew me to JWD and made me stick to it for the past five years was undoubtedly the extraordinary diversity of this board, and the wealth of experience, information and reflection it offered. I enjoyed this unique opportunity to exchange memories, emotions, opinions and ideas well beyond what I thought could be expected from an "ex-anything" board. This in turn made it a significant and very real part of my "life" and "self".

I won't name names but I want to thank you all for being there and willing to share, both by reading and writing. We all contributed to make this place what it has been, and none of us will leave it unchanged. Wherever we go we'll be carrying the words, the thoughts, the smiles and the tears of each other.

Everything is real, or nothing is.

I wish everyone of you the very best.

So long,

Didier

(edited to add title, so you can now get into the post to put a proper title in ! )

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

(Deleted by Poster - Technical Problem Resolved)

• free2think
    free2think

I have really enjoyed getting to know you Didier and i really appreciated you support when my grandmother died.

Your comments have always been level-headed and interesting and they always added an extra dimension to the board that we perhaps didn't think of so thank you.

Good Luck.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Yeah, you may want to add a title as it may prevent some posters from opening this thread.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I have always enjoyed your posts - all good -no fluff

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I have enjoyed your past posts. You strike me as a very reasonable person. Thank you for your contributions to the board. I have benefited from them.

-Denise.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Didier: Although our stories could not be more different in the details, there is so much that resonates for me with your story. Indeed, when I first started perusing this forum in 2002 and 2003, my past JW life also felt like an "almost-forgotten chapter of my life story"; I had left in 1992 and it barely occupied my thoughts since. I never was a part of the old H2O board and only read it a few times. I was already an ex-ex-JW, as some have now put it, but I always still remained fascinated with the history of religion, specifically in the history of Judaism, Christianity, and the history of JWs. And in my early days here, I wasn't interested so much in JW issues as finding a place to discuss biblical topics with like-minded people (I had been a member of some Yahoo groups dedicated to biblical criticism but I never liked the Yahoo format), and I have to say that if it weren't for you and peacefulpete, I probably wouldn't have posted much here to begin with, since it was a pleasure to bounce ideas back and forth between you two (and as time wore on, between some other great posters). But as you described it, such a great diverse community grew up around here that I came to love catching up with day by day. And the more philosophical posts by you, Little Toe, and others are among my favorites here.

I do hope we can stay in touch post-JWD (I'm thinking of starting a "biblioblog" next year) and I also hope you will still be "around" JWD this fall; I have some new biblical research threads planned this fall and would love to have your comments.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Leo - you are another poster I will greatly miss

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

thank you narkissos for helping to make JWD what it is today, for opening up new and different ways of seeing and experiencing, encouraging exploration and also for sharing with us your obvious love of and immersion in life.

I also appreciate your unique (to me anyway) approach to the bible and that it can be a pleasure to prehend it non theistically as well.

ql

edit: some of us are over at JWR. Would you consider dropping in and sharing your thoughts with us from time to time?

• free2think
    free2think

bttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit