what angers you about the truth

by stillajwexelder 50 Replies latest social relationships

• Gordy
    Gordy

So far it looks like the main thing that angers most if the total lack of love shown at times when it is needed.

I can verify this, at a time when myself and my family needed the help and support of "Jehovahs loving organisation." Was to be kicked while we were down. Elders visting offering support - nil. Brothers/sisters disappeared from visiting.

Judicial Committee set up, within two months of me having attempted suicide and diagnosed as having, acute clinical depression. Incidentally I learnt recently that according to their "Elders Manual" that a JC should not be held with a person suffering depression.

Getting my wife to get me to leave home because I was a "spiritual danger" to the family.

This from an organisation for 25 yrs at the time, that as I said above, "Jehovahs loving organisation".

I have often said ifthey had shown the love and support, they say they do, then the chance would be I would still be a JW.

Instead it caused them more harm than good. Out of 9 members of my family only 3 are still JWs. 3 DA'd, 3 decided not to have anything to do with JWs.

Yet in all this they believe that they di the "loving thing."

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

gordy - absolutely awful

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

I second that.

• HAL9000
    HAL9000

The simple fact that it isn't the truth.

Lack of disclosure. Misleading "teachings". Self-serving "truths" that ruin lives. Theocratic Warfare.

Lies, lies and more damned lies!!!!

• delilah
    delilah

The absolute arrogance some display toward everyone who is not a witness......THEY have the truth, they're God's chosen people.... the rest don't know Jack shite!!

The way some in my town will speak to my husband when they come to our door, ( which is RARELY, thank God) and then snub him the next time they see him at the corner store.....makes me livid!!!!

The way they become ignorant, rude and abusive when they are backed into a corner during discussions of their religious views.

The unconditional love they show......

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

What angers me? The governing body constantly preaches about the Pharisees and how bad their collective attitude was and how Jesus didn't like them, blah blah blah blah. But their "Do more", don't associate with weak witnesses, don't associate with worldly people, count your hours, torture yourself philosophy promotes a Pharisee mentality in many, many witnesses.

The Pharisee attitude is what keeps a lot of elders from making those shepherding calls, Stilla. It keeps many witnesses looking for fault in each other. It gives them the excuse not to care or take the time to encourage those they see as weak.

In Israel of the Bible times, the Priests and Pharisees entered the temple from entrances that were above the poorer, regular Jews. I saw a documentary about how they never had to rub shoulders with anyone but the elite of their society. It amazes me that the governing body and most JW's cannot see this same thing going on at every Bethel and every Kingdom Hall through out the earth, or at least almost every one of them.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, calling the WTS drivel "the truth." A hard habit to break.

Love, Blondie

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

So FHN your thinking agrees with mine - the WTS and its representatives are as far from Jesus's attitude as the North Pole is from the South Pole

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Another thing:

Spending hundreds and thousands of hours in service and years up on years until they find one person who will study the Bible. Then countless hours studying with the person and doing things for them to convince them how wonderful the org. is. Then once they are baptized, dropping them like a hot potato with no support.

The org is only worried about how the org looks to outsiders. They are only what "Jehovah's Name" looks like to outsiders. Once you're baptized, they don't give a flying F what the org looks like to you.

I always thought it didn't make sense to tire out the witnesses with such a burdensome meeting, service and study schedule and spend so much time looking for that needle in the haystack study, so they could say, when called on to help a down and out fellow witness, "But we're just so busy. We don't have the time to help that one. How are they doing spiritually anyway?" Why bust your a$$ bringing someone in if you're not going to show love and support to keep them in?

• zagor
    zagor

I don't think of them that much these days any more, to be honest, but I guess one thing that gets me is intellectual dishonesty combined with what Ray calls "acrobatical reasoning" akin to conspiracy theories concocted by David Icke. The funny thing is just how much that way of thinking has influenced so many people. Many think that conducting research is having a preconceived idea and then "finding the evidence". It is actually other way around.

Unfortunately I've seen threads here even just last night that border with insanity, yet to uninformed they many sound like the-truth-from-god

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit