What is your comfort food?

by compound complex 33 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Fellow Gourmands,

I have completed the polishing off of a sizeable portion of fettuccine, smothered with an ordinary tomato sauce including ground beef, lottsa herbs, extra virgin olive oil and topped with grated romano and chopped Italian parsely.

Therefore, I am in a state complete and utter satisfaction. I could do this everyday.

Well, actually, ...

What foods - dishes - feed your soul as well as your belly?

CoCo della Cucina

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Oh, Dear CoCo... you're killing me! I'm on a low carb diet at the moment...

Well I'll tell you what. The one food I know I could eat happily, every single day of my life, would be mashed potatoes and gravy. They have to be good ones, though, dang it.

(Pretty odd since I really love odd and insanely flavorful foods, but that is indeed my comfort food.)

• John Doe
    John Doe

Fresh from the oven yeast rolls with real butter.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

My mom's flat red chili enchiladas and my wife's soft tacos!!

My own grilled t-bone steak does a good job too!

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Homemade chicken and noodles with homemade noodles (some would contend that they are actually dumplings) It's one of the recipies I got from my mom before I left home and one dish I ALWAYS took seconds on. My mom recently had surgery and is home recovering from it for the next 12 weeks. Her one request: Yep, Chicken and Noodles. They were fabulous as usual.

• yknot
    yknot

This months indulgence..

Penne pasta with pepper jack cheese topped with grilled chicken and crumbled bacon.

• milliemootoo
    milliemootoo

Ummm, Chicken Pie, Mashed Potatoes and gravy...it is only 9.10am here and I could eat it now........

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

steak and potatoes.

• *summer*
    *summer*

My comfort food is pasta...pasta...pasta!

Last night, I even tried a "raw pasta sauce" for the first time. Fresh toamtoes, garlic, olive oil, basil, fresh ground pepper. Allow it to marinate for a few hours on the kitchen counter, and serve over pasta. It was so fresh and summery!:-)

And even though I am not a meat eater, a big comfort food for me in winter is good old fashioned beef stew that has simmered all day in the slow cooker. Not too much beef...but lots of potatoes, carrots, turnip, and onions. Yum!!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

toast smeared thickly with PEANUT BUTTER

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit