why8chdoubleU8ch is really gods name....NOT Jehovah!!

by oompa 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Nice one, Oomp.

By the way, Mandette... not only was a Catholic responsible for the pronunciation of Jehovah, but a Catholic was responsible for deciding what scrolls would be considered TRULY from GOD and would be considered the Holy Bible for all these eons. In essence, the Bible is Catholic. Those folks that continued to follow the scrolls the Pope decided were NOT Holy (not Holy = Heretical) were subsequently killed, men, women, and children.

Ah, yes, the bloody history of the Bible does not end with the stories within.

Read the "Lost Scrolls" (Nag Hammadi, Apocrypha) sometime. For the most part, these scrolls were either not Patriarchal enough, or said one had a DIRECT relationship with (G)od (i.e. didn't need the Church) or had other tidbits that the Pope could not suffer being spread about.

• Mandette
    Mandette

Baba

THAT'S RIGHT! I remember that now about the lost scrolls. I seem to remember learning that on the History Channel.

Wasn't there a book called Maccabbees or something like that too? So actually the bible is NOT whole. And there is much more information out there.

Are the lost books in print?

see I learn something new everyday!!!!!

I also thought it was a fascinating theory that Mary Madaglene may have been Jesus' wife!!! Wouldn't that tear everyone up if that could be proven!!!!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Yes, a lot of the "Lost Scrolls" are in print now, in varying translations. Look for the collection called the Nag Hammadi, as well as the Gospels of Thomas and the one recently released of Judas.

And if Mary was NOT Jesus' wife, she was assuredly one of his Apostles, and "scriptures" in the Nag Hammadi describe her as being his favorite.

Happy reading!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Many scholars simply use YHWH in their work, although "Yahweh" has the weight of opinion of being the best vocalization of the name (although some suggest "Yahuah", and there are some interesting arguments in favor of this, tho ultimately a two-syllable name seems to best fit the meter in Hebrew poetry), e.g. Iaoue and Iabe in ancient Greek transliteration.

Are the lost books in print?

Although there are quite a few books that are actually lost, quite a lot of the extracanonical books are still around and some are "canonical" or "deuterocanonical" depending on the religious authority. The truth is that there were in the past and there are in the present MANY different Bibles with different books considered for inclusion. So the Nestorian Church traditionally has excluded the books of 2 John, 3 John, Jude, 2 Peter, Revelation, the Ethiopian Orthodox Church has included 1 Enoch and Jubilees in its canon, the Anglican church has included 2 Esdras in its deuterocanon (look at the New English Bible and you can find it in there) even if the Roman Catholic Church excludes it, and the deuterocanon found in Roman Catholic Bibles is excluded entirely in most Protestant Bibles (of which the NWT belongs). Anyway, I wrote a list the other day for another user on where to find English translations of the extracanonical books, so you might find this useful:

The extracanonical books are published in a number of different publications. If you are interested in reading this literature, you could either find them in a good library or purchase them for yourself. These are the ones I have in my own collection that I would highly recommend:

1) The Jerusalem Bible, unabridged. This contains all of the Apocrypha (e.g. 1, 2 Maccabees, Judith, Tobit, Wisdom, Sirach, the additions to Daniel and Esther, 1 Baruch, etc.)

2) The Dead Sea Scrolls: A New Translation (2005 edition), ed. by Michael O. Wise, Martin G. Abegg, and Edward M. Cook. This contains all the non-biblical texts from Qumran (e.g. the Damascus Document, The Community Rule, the War Scroll, the Temple Scroll, the Genesis Apocryphon, the Habakkuk Pesher, the Book of Giants, The Thanksgiving Hymns, the Words of Levi, the Vision of Daniel, the Prayer of Nabonidus, the Vision of the Son of God, the War of the Messiah, the Vision of Four Trees, the Apocryphon of Elijah, the Ezekiel Apocryphon, the Vision of New Jerusalem, and of course all the many calendrical texts)

3) The Old Testament Pseudepigrapha (1983-1985, 2 vol.), ed. by James Charlesworth. This is probably the most expensive of the books, but the richest in material (e.g. 1 Enoch, 2 Enoch, 3 Enoch, 2 Baruch, 3 Baruch, 4 Baruch, 4 Ezra, the Sibylline Oracles, the Apocalypse of Zephaniah, the Apocalypse of Elijah, the Apocalypse of Sedrach, the Lives of the Prophets, the Testament of Moses, the Testaments of the Twelve Patriarchs, the Testament of Abraham, Jubilees, Pseudo-Philo, Book of Jannes and Jambres, Psalms of Solomon, Odes of Solomon, Joseph and Asenath, Ahiqar, Letter of Aristeas, Martyrdom and Ascension of Isaiah, 3 Maccabees, 4 Maccabees, Ezekiel the Tragedian, Eupolemus, Aristobolus, Demetrius, Pseudo-Hecataeus, etc.). It is also stylistically identical in format to the Jerusalem Bible, and fits very well as two companion volumes.

4) The Apostolic Fathers (1999), ed. by Michael Holmes. This gives you all the earliest Christian literature outside the NT (e.g. 1 Clement, 2 Clement, the epistles of Ignatius of Antioch, the epistle of Polycarp of Smyrna to the Philippians, the Martyrdom of Polycarp, the Didache, the epistle of Barnabas, the Shepherd of Hermas, the Epistle to Diognetus, the fragments of Papias' Expositions on the Sayings of Our Lord, etc.)

5) The Complete Gospels (1994), ed. by Robert J. Miller. Includes the four canonical gospels plus all the other early ones known to us today (e.g. the Gospel of Thomas, the Apocryphon of James, the Dialogue of the Savior, the Gospel of Mary, the Infancy Gospel of Thomas, the Protevangelium of James, the Gospel of Peter, the Egerton Gospel, Gospel Oxyrhynchus 840 and 1224, the Gospel of the Hebrews, the Gospel of the Ebionites, etc.).

6) The Gnostic Scriptures (1987), ed. by Bentley Layton. Includes such important works as the Gospel of Philip, the Gospel of Truth, the Hymn of the Pearl, the Myth of Basilides, the Reality of the Rulers, the Revelation of Adam, the Secret Books of John, Epistle of Ptolemy of Rome to Flora, Summer Harvest, the Three Tablets of Seth, Thunder -- Perfect Mind, Treatise on the Resurrection, The Three Natures, and Zostrianos. It is also by the same publisher as the Jerusalem Bible and the Old Testament Pseudepigrapha, with the same formatting, and fits together with the other volumes in one collection.

This list does not include additional New Testament apocrypha like the Acts of Peter, the Acts of Thomas, the Acts of Paul and Thecla, the Acts of John, 3 Corinthians, etc. which would have to found elsewhere. There are also other extrabiblical works like Philo of Alexandria, Josephus, etc. which provide context to the Bible but are not (like some of the others above) may not have ever been considered "scripture" or "inspired". BTW there is also a new translation of 1 Enoch (a book that was quoted in the New Testament as inspired "prophecy") by Nickelsburg & VanderKam (2004), which is very cheap -- about ten bucks.
  • BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hooray! Thanks, Leolaia!!!

• oompa
    oompa

Thanks Leolaia, but it would mean the world to me if you would just go ahead and endorse the more correct name of the Almighty.....why8chdoubleU8ch!!!!...................oompa

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If God wants me to know his name, he'll clear it up. Further, if he wants me to
    know his will for me, I ain't going into another false religion, so he will have to
    contact me and tell me what his will is- personally.

OTWO will wake up one morning with the divine name tattooed on his a$$ in reverse by the hand of God....so he can see it in the mirror! Let us know what it is...ok?....oompa

Okay, so he contacted me. His name really is The Flying Spaghetti Monster (also known as the Spaghedeity).

Here's his bumper logo:

He has a great sense of humor. He created the entire universe in a drunken stupor. He's sorry about many of the
    mistakes he made in creation, but he says to "just laugh it off and live with it."

He like you, Oompa. He sees that your life is a bit crazy, but you make him laugh. That's the main thing according
    to him. "Laugh at yourself and with/at others."

• oompa
    oompa

Nice try OTWO!...........but we all need a real picture of your a$$!!..........now give it up...........oompa

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This is a close up of my right cheek which FSM just branded right after I typed that
    comment to you. I am very pale white and I am by myself, so this is as far from
    my own butt as I can get the camera. Notice, it didn't come in backwards.

alt

You can see my reflection in the edges, proving that what I said is true.
    (It's no worse than WTS proofs that we used to accept.)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

He says he has been putting proof of his true nature everywhere, can't
    figure why we haven't put it all together before now. But he was laughing
    when he said it.

He got these ideas from the "Jesus" appearances all around:

altalt

When people googled "God" on Christmas, he changed the logo to:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit