why8chdoubleU8ch is really gods name....NOT Jehovah!!

by oompa 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oompa
    oompa

It makes me mad when I think how many doors I knocked on....especially as a kid.....and proudly read PS. 83: 18 and taught people Gods name...Jehovah. When in fact is is almost certainly NOT Jehovah, even WT says it is most likely Yahweh or Yehowah. But......never mind........englishsters are familiar with the name Jehovah, so we will just leave it that.

Does it not seem logical that if the Almighty of the Universe really wanted us to use his name....THE CENTERPIECE of the JW faith........that we would frikkin know FOR SURE what the hey it is? How the hey could it EVER stop being used to the point of losing it???? Even Yahweh and Yehowah are not FOR SURE! Since in english all we have is four letters YHWH....he should be called that....as I did in the subject line....I just kind of spelled out the letters Why- 8ch-doubleU-8ch......license plate style kinda.

In 1950 when the NWT came out....I wonder how many would now say Gods name Yahweh, if JW's had been preaching the "more correct" pronounciation for billions of hours....Jehovah may not even be used now!...............................................just venting......................oompa

• Mandette
    Mandette

interesting point Oompa....

now here's a question right back at you or anyone else that knows....I was watching Joel Osteen the other night....(I'm exploring and he makes sense at times)....anyway a song was sung that had "Jehovah Jiveh", "Jehovah Nissi" and "Jehovah Shalom" in it. Confused me........so do other religions also think that Jehovah is correct???

And I do believe I've seen other translations of the bible that has Jehovah at Psalms 83:18.

??????

Mandette

• oompa
    oompa

Ya mandette.....many use it because for about 400 years i think....a Catholic guy came up with the idea his name should be Jehovah. If you really, really want to see a JW squirm.....ask him if the tetragramation....the four letters....are not YHWH?.......then just ask him....Where did JHVH come from then??? Try to find the answer yourself on WT CD...........oompa

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Knowing the truth about "Jehovah" in the Bible makes it even sillier to use it.

The vowels from "Adonai" are used with the tetragrammaton
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah

and the name never appeared in the New Testament.

If God wants me to know his name, he'll clear it up. Further, if he wants me to
    know his will for me, I ain't going into another false religion, so he will have to
    contact me and tell me what his will is- personally.

• oompa
    oompa

OTWO will wake up one morning with the divine name tattooed on his a$$ in reverse by the hand of God....so he can see it in the mirror! Let us know what it is...ok?....oompa

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Biblical scholars have it all wrong. YHWH is just shorthand for the greeting "Yo Homie, What's Happening?" the ancient Israelis said to one another.

I always thought the Y to J thing had something to do with the translation from Hebrew to Latin.

• Mandette
    Mandette

maybe I've been faded too long.....JHVH? Is that what the WT teaches? Or is it JHVH instead of YHWH?

and you're right..maybe we aren't supposed to know the true name.......

A CATHOLIC thought up Jehovah? REALLY???? That's funny!!!!!! giggle

Mandette

• chickpea
    chickpea

only after the Renaissance did J (representing a consonantalI)
    and
    U (representing a vocalicV) come to be treated as individual letters.
    Prior to that, they had been merely
    glyph variants of I and V, respectively.

The Renaissance (from FrenchRenaissance, meaning "rebirth"; Italian: Rinascimento, from re- "again" and nascere "be born") [1]
    was a cultural movement that spanned roughly the 14th to the 17th century

no J in the latin/roman alphabet until, at the very earliest, the 1500's ....

i am sticking with oompa's rendition til i see the big guy's name on OTWO's @ss in reverse

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Oompa,

Didn't it ever strike you as strange that Jesus never used the name AT ALL? Nor any form of it.

Jesus never confirmed that this Yahweh was his "father".

• oompa
    oompa
    cameo:

Didn't it ever strike you as strange that Jesus never used the name AT ALL? Nor any form of it.

Jesus never confirmed that this Yahweh was his "father".

Somehow, jesus came to make his fathers name known without ever using it....but then again.....i have never called my dad by his first name either. Maybe the why8chdoubleU8ch dove confirmed it when jesus was dunked?.........oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit