Huge Explosion in Toronto

by Nosferatu 16 Replies latest jw friends

• ibme
    ibme

Sorry if you personally are having a problem.

What-a-coincidence do you smell New York twin towers???

Governments will do anything to keep control!

All one has to do is study history.

They have never stopped.

Again sorry for anyone that is affected.

ibme

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Back in the 70's I was riding the bus in Cleveland to an Indians game. The bus was going over a bridge and down in the valley I was looking in I saw a building explode much like your in Toronto.

And like the building in Toronto it was a welding supply house. And as I remember it didnt get that much news attention either.

It was a big explosion and fire and I could see people running around and away from the bus. But it was not as big as your explosion although there was nothing left of the building the next day.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Must be George W. Bush's fault.

Hope everyone's okay. I grew up in T.O. too.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I was at work around 4:00 A.M., and as my co-workers and I are cleaning-up and restocking our fridges, I heard a huge 'ROAR' then a 'Shake'.

I remember saying: "What was that??"

I believe I was about 10 kilometres from the explosion, but I heard it.

Can't believe how intense it was; the 401 (major 16 lane expressway that crosses east-west across the city) was closed extensively, yes right up until I am posting this message.

Sad to hear one of our EMS fellows, was killed this afternoon at the scene.

It was pretty bad.

Like Finally-Free, we're a ways away from it (20kms). But my neighbours said they could feel the windows shake here this a.m..

• Mary
    Mary

I phoned my boss earlier to make sure he and his family were okay, as he lives just 2 major intersections away from Keele St. where this happened. He said they heard the explosion last night at 3:30 or 4:00am and it was so loud he thought maybe terrorists had set something off. They went running outside (along with the rest of their neighbours) and could see what looked like a fireball.

Scared the hell out of them but they're okay. Hwy 401 was closed down earlier. That would cause a nightmare of gigantic proportions as it's the main artery in and out of Toronto......

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Glad you posted Mary, I immediately thought of you and granny!!

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Is Uzzah still working at emergency responses/the Red Cross? I definitely feel for anyone who has to deal with this sitch today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit