Does cain get a bad rap???

by darth frosty 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Does cain get a bad rap???

Of course he does. He didn't understand one simple and never-changing demand of BibleGod(tm): you have to kill something or someone to keep him happy.

Abel understood this, because he didn't offer BibleGod some vegetables. No! He butchered an animal. The Jews understood this. When there were times of peace, BibleGod got pissed off. So the Jews were always killing and burning animals, each other and any local non-believers they could get their hands on. The most revered Kings of Israel were the guys that did the most killing. Moses didn't kill enough people, so he had to die and let Joshua do the killing.

Jesus understood this. He knew BibleGod wouldn't be happy unless he go killed. So he did.

The Watchtower Printing Corporation understands this better than anyone in history. They keep promising that BibleGod is going to kill almost everyone, then resurrect a bunch of people God already killed once before, let them live a while and then kill a bunch of them off, too.

I'm sure BibleGod had a big smile on his face when Cain finally killed Abel, even though he would deny it.

Farkel

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Good points Farkel Thanks!

• Curtains
    Curtains

hey darth

I so agree wtih your take in the op. The thing is Able and his type got to tell the stories. I'm glad they retained Cain's voice though because through him we can hear the voices of those who are silenced by city builders. I'm not saying it is wrong to build cities or anything like that but that it is better to hear disobedient voices too and take on board what they have to say.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Farkel's point is correct.

Not just BibleGod, but ALL the ancient gods required blood. Why? Because they are descended from even more ancient gods who were actually predatory animals. An animal became a god because it could take your life. Planets became gods because comets and asteroids could hit or near-pass the earth and take lives. The power to kill rests with the gods. Humans offered death and blood to appease those gods.

The god of the Adam and Eve myth is no different, as his book clearly shows.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

itsamyth!!

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Don't nobody be slagging Cain... He's revered as the father of all vampires...

V665V665

• ultrabimbo
    ultrabimbo

So much insight on this topic!

UB

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Even as a young child, I was outraged by God's rejection of Cain's sacrifice. The Prodigal Son always provoke me, too. Reading it today, it clearly is just some commentary on the struggles between urban and rural lifestyles. Agriculture and livestock are both noble pursuits needed by society. It strikes me that Hinduism and Brahmins demanded animal sacrifices, too. The blood seemed central. Perhaps blood, the life force, is the answer. Animals are closer to humans or we are animals more than plants. A rational God would welcome both. One is not a punier sacrifice.

The Old testament is full of very ancient stories from a time to which I can not relate. I'm curious as to how surrounding culture would view these different sacrifices. It is another story of an arbitrary, vengeful God with an abusive human personality. Any God who would prefer two similarly situated brothers is not a God but a petty tyrant. The author of Genesis does not even bother explaining the differences. Plants are no good, animals are potent. Most cultures that I can readily think of preferred blood sacrifice. Can this be the same God who is Jesus, later in chronological time?

John 3:16 - for the so loved the world that he ......his only begotten son so that................ Not a blood fiend. Although one could view Jesus' crucifixion as a blood sacrifice. I love The Last Temptation of Christ and Jung's Answer to Job. What would happen to a parent who murdered their son as Abraham was poised to do with Isaac. This is pure terror and Cain's story is terror on its face.

Is this the same God that Paul wrote that no powers on earth or the heavens could ever separate us from his love ? I don''t think so. My gut always rejected these scriptures as faith promoting stories. God should be moral. Of course, one can add a lot of extraneous info not in the Bible in an attempt to explain it away.

Indeed, since I was young, this was not a story of a bad farmer but competing professions. I suspect that a livestock owner wrote this part. Do you remember all the seeminly endless stories about farming vs. ranching in the West? What was Gunsmoke, Bonanza and others about. Wagon Train, The Rifleman and countless films I can't recall now. In many ways, it is a land use dispute. Perhaps the precusor to zoning boards.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

The god of the OT is a real a-hole.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Cain and Abel represent the Ego and the Monad, respectively, in Kabbalah and other teachings. I have also come to learn that there are two different types of Kabbalah.... Intuitive, and Intellectual. Intuitive Kabbalah incarnates the Christ, and Intellectual Kabbalah incarnates the ego. It has to do with the direction that the fiery serpent is driven through the spinal column. This is why Masons have 33 degrees of initiation. It has to the with the vertebrae. The way to incarnate the Christ is to drive it upwards from the sex organs until it finally opens the heart, throat, third eye and crown chakras. The way to incarnate the ego is to use the intellect to drive it downwards towards the sexual organs by misusing sexual desire. One makes you an angel while the other makes you a demon. This is why the Devil is depicted with a tail, because incarnating the ego forms an extension of energy at the bottom of the spinal column. So one is white magic, and the other is black magic.

Anyway, while looking through articles relating to the Cain and Abel myth, I came across this very interesting explanation of the dangers of Theosophy and New Age and how they reverse the direction of the fiery serpent through the kundalini....

http://www.livingepistles.org/AudioTranscripts/JesusMonadKundalini520.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit