Good lord people!

by John Doe 46 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

[rant]Yes, the board is closing.

No, the world is not ending.

No, the posters on this forum are not vanishing.

No, Simon does not have that kind of control on mine or any of your lives. [/rant]

• grassyknoll07
    grassyknoll07

wa wa wa wa... the board is ending. Another victory for Jehovah's organization.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Perhaps not control - but this place has been like an oasis for many. It is rightly going to be missed by many.

I just got a call from a long time poster here who broke down on the phone. She was able to get her family [mom and dad and others] out of the organization due to JWD. That is nothing to make light of to me.

Though this is but cyberspace - it is real. Many of us have shared our lives, found a healing pathway away from the injury brought by the evil religion that we have left, and found a community made of real people.

Some can just ignore the depth of what this place was - but it was important and will remain important in some ways as Simon works to maintain a DB of information, research, that is likely unequal anywhere else on the net at this point.

Jeff

• snowbird
    snowbird

John Doe, shut your dad-gummed backsliding mouth and pm me your e-mail addy!

Do it quickly, before I go oomph upside your nappy head!

Sylvia

• *summer*
    *summer*

Thank You, AK Jeff...

This is really what it's all about.

And you are right...this is nothing to make light of.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    rant]Yes, the board is closing.

No, the world is not ending.

No, the posters on this forum are not vanishing.

No, Simon does not have that kind of control on mine or any of your lives. [/rant]

No shit sherlock.

We know that, it is just that some of us would like to still keep an online community of the people we have grown to like/appreciate/find valuable. It certainly doesn't mean the world is ending or that its time to hit the panic button. Life does go on, online is only a small fraction of life. But I imagine for some this place has been/is a lifeline to understanding. You can't get all irritated at them JD for wishing it wasn't so.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I agree this is nothing to make light of. A lot of posters seem to have some serious psychological issues that indicate a need for professional help. This ain't healthy folks.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Perhaps not control - but this place has been like an oasis for many. It is rightly going to be missed by many.

I just got a call from a long time poster here who broke down on the phone. She was able to get her family [mom and dad and others] out of the organization due to JWD. That is nothing to make light of to me.

Though this is but cyberspace - it is real. Many of us have shared our lives, found a healing pathway away from the injury brought by the evil religion that we have left, and found a community made of real people.

Some can just ignore the depth of what this place was - but it was important and will remain important in some ways as Simon works to maintain a DB of information, research, that is likely unequal anywhere else on the net at this point.

Jeff

Dear Jeff---my hugs for the one that called you---I was pretty shaken myself when I saw the news that JWD is closing its doors.

For anyone who care to make light of this (if John Doe's comments were said in jest then ignore this) but it IS and was a lifeline for many....now and over the years. Let's try and be a bit more sensitive to those who feel this way.

I have to leave the house now for a few hours and I don't want to leave my computer! Guaranteed I will be back on here when I return to catch up with what everyone has posted.

hugs,

Annie

• John Doe
    John Doe

I'm sorry sweetstuff. I forget that you Canadians are a whiny lot and need more molly coddling. :-P he he

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    A lot of posters seem to have some serious psychological issues that indicate a need for professional help.

That sounds like a diagnosis, Dr. Doe. Are you qualified to make that assessment?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit