i hope this breaks your heart

by chickpea 40 Replies latest social family

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Chickpea,

Your hope has been fulfilled.

Many of us who have lived a life of pretend, putting on the happy-face mask, do eventually reach a breaking point. I've survived, having learned to live with pain. We all wish we could reach out and comfort those poor souls who are so hatefully cast off.

Maybe we could.

No - absolutely - we should.

CoCo

Dawn Langley Simmons

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Dawn Langley Pepita Simmons (1937 – 18 September2000) was an intersexed transsexual woman born Gordon Langley Hall in Sussex.

[DLS is a writer whom I've read. Please google the above if interested. It's a heartbreaking story.]

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

Black Pearl, ChickPea's child was born a biological daughter to the external world but the child knows that he is in fact a boy mentally and spiritually, so chickpea has a son, not a daughter...

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

Add he wants to have sex with women( when he's older...) becasue that is the way it truly should have been (as a normal, herterosexual couple), he just for some reason in the womb something went wrong and there were complications that caused there to be things assigned as should not have been, kinda like a birth deffect. If someone tried to tell you that you were the opposite sex, would you believe them? No matter what they told you, could you buy it? Live it? Do it? Well neither can he. ANd he shold not be forced to love soemone other than whom he wants either just becasue society tells him thats what THEY are comfortable with....

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

oh, I see. Thanks for explaining from that perspective. Sometimes I/we just don't grasp the concept from another persons perspective. Best wishes to you Chickpea. BP

• chickpea
    chickpea

for clarification sake please note that gender identification and sexual orientation are not the same thing

that being said.... transexed people are as variantly oriented as the general population.... the whole gamut ....
    from heterosexual to asexual and everything in between

btw burning bridges.... i think you have hit the proverbial nail on the head with your explanation re: living with perceptions of gender
    you have a great insight into the issue TGs face every day of their lives

• free2think
    free2think

((((((((((chickpea)))))))))))

I hope one day this worls will be a more accepting place.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

My heart does break for all of those poor kids in the video. Can you post the link, so I can comment on that video on YouTube? I was rather prejudiced of transgendered people, until I watched the movie, A Girl Like Me. Once I learned the facts, I changed my mind. Just goes to show that ignorance causes prejudice. I hope the video gets a lot of positive feedback from people who aren't transgendered, so these kids will see that not everyone hates them.

Growing up is hard enough. I can't imagine the pressure these kids are under. If they realize that people understand their situation, it will make it a lot easier for them to deal with the assholes in the world.

Best wishes to you and your family.

• chickpea
    chickpea

if you double click on the video, it will take you to youtube.... i cannot seem to post the link without it embedding it

your generous intent to leave positive messaging is so affirming, as you said, to kids whose own families treat them as freaks and disgusting creatures
    let them know they are not alone

you have made me weep

• Jesika
    Jesika

The world can be a horrible place to those considered "different" then what is considered normal (whatever that means).

My heart goes out to you and your child, and the other children/adults who have this to deal with.

I wish people would just open their minds and look at people for WHO they are.

Jes

• flipper
    flipper

CHICKPEA- My wife and my heart go out to you and your child. After watching that u-tube video I was mopping up the tears off my keyboard. Yes- it did break my heart. Our love to you , Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit