Music Concerts/ Groups / Singers You Have Seen Perform ? Your Take on Them

by flipper 68 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

You know Flipper when I saw Paul what I thought was interesting was that here was this 60+ year old man who played 3 hours straight while his young band took breaks. He just kept on by himself on the acoustic. His is the most that I've ever paid for a concert and did not disappoint whatsoever.

• flipper
  • flipper
    flipper

JIMMY PAGE- I agree that Paul McCartney was outstanding ! Best concert I ever went to. To watch him play over 3 hours like about 40 songs was astounding ! I was impressed by the really " guy next door " kind of personality he had with the crowd ! Just an easygoing, laid back guy with a great sense of humor ! It felt like he was just a good old friend you had not seen in a long time ! Best Birthday gift I ever received ! The encores were fantastic ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I don't go to shows often, but of those I have:

OMD (1986)

Robert Plant (1990)

Metallica (1992)

Van Halen (1992)

Depeche Mode (1994, 2x; 2001; 2006, 2x)

Smashing Pumpkins, Garbage (1996)

Metric (2003; 2004, 2x; 2005)

Minipop (2004, 2007)

Silversun Pickups (2007)

Interpol (2007)

Queens of the Stone Age (2007)

Kaiser Chiefs (2007)

The Bravery (2007)

I should add that I've met everyone in Metric except for the lead singer, though twice she had me sing along from the front row, and once she did a tongue-in-cheek nod to me in another show (at the suggestion of the bassist). I also got my picture taken with the guitarist (who also performs in Broken Social Scene).

• flipper
    flipper

JUST HUMAN- I really like Sting a lot.

LEIAOLA- Robert Plant, Van Halen and Depeche Mode are all favorites of mine as well ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The best concert I ever saw was Andreas Vollenwider at the Mahaffey theather in St. Pete.

He plays the harp.

• flipper
    flipper

JAGUARBASS- The best concert you saw was Andres Wodhiner ? Harp player ? Wow ! Very interesting ! He must have been really good

• amicus
    amicus

Well, lets go out with a bang.

Or I guess in this case a band?

I almost typed bong!

Hmm, Outstanding shows were;
    Moody Blues (Days of Future Past Tour)
    Jefferson Airplane/Hot Tuna (same concert as above, free in Griffith Park)
    Youngbloods (same as above)
    Jethro Tull (first album tour was the best)
    Love
    Doors
    CSN&Y (the first CSN&Y tour when they played at Pauley Pavalion)
    Steppenwolf (first album tour) (Valley Music Theatre)
    Iron butterfly (first album, other shows after that weren't so hot) (Valley Music Theatre, later to become a JW circuit assembly hall :-( )
    Blind Faith
    Tod Rungren
    Echo and the Bunnymen

Oingo Boingo (Danny Elfman needs to put cotton in his ears and revive The Mystic Knights of Oingo Boingo)
    Bob Dylan
    The Band
    David Bowie
    The Who
    Deep Purple (with the LA Philharmonic Orchestra in the Hollywood Bowl)
    The Stones
    Peter Tosh
    James Taylor
    The BoDeans
    Vanilla Fudge
    The Go Go's (yep, show was great. The little 10 year old girl sitting next to me jumped up on her seat and danced madly the whole show)
    The Pentangle
    The Police

Ten Years After
    John Mayall and the Blues Breakers (every show was tops)
    All those blues guys Flipper mentioned, I've seen them all and they all were outstanding.
    The Temptations
    The Staple Singers
    English Beat
    Talking Heads
    Joe Jackson
    and more, but I give!

Biggest dissapointments were;
    Hendrix (one of the moodiest performers ever)
    Led Zepplin (first album tour, acoustics were horrible it sounded like LOUD feedback. my ears rang for days)

• four candles
    four candles

What a good thread,..... and some cracking bands there. So heres some of mine....

Walter Trout

Robin Trower....Twice

Joe Bonamassa

Deep Purple

Lynyrd Skynyrd........Fantastic. Thinking of this we have made friends with a band called Skinny Molly,featuring Mike estes who was with Skynyrd for 3 years,they play a lot of Skynyrd songs aswell as thier own and some stuff like steve earle.If you get chance to see them ,,,go,and say Andy says hi.

UFO....One of the best british bands ever.

Crosby Loggins......supported Joe Bonamassa.....

Yes

April Wine

I went to the heavy metal barn dance at the now defunct Stafford Bingley Hall....for those in the UK you may remember this venue,for those worldwide it was a glorified cow shed!! But Motorhead,Saxon,Girlschool,Angelwitch and Vardis played it!

Diamond Head

BB King

Hawkwind

Crusaders..................Boring!!

The Hollies

The Shadows.....4 times.....even met brother Hank

Genesis 3 times

Rory Gallagher........Twice....absolutly superb!!

Whitesnake/Def Lepperd/Black Stone Cherry

Bread................Again ,,Boring

Johnny Cash..........Front row seats!!! Manchester UK

Led Zeppelin....Knebworth 1979

And sooooooooooo many more that if time allows I will post.

• flipper
    flipper

AMICUS and 4 CANDLES- Great groups you both saw live ! I like most all of them you mentioned ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit