Music Concerts/ Groups / Singers You Have Seen Perform ? Your Take on Them

by flipper 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Kenny Rogers Kenny Loggins The English Beat Art Garfunkel Tommy Emmanuel (4 times) Bruce Springsteen The Clash ELo Genesis (without Gabriel or Hackett) A Perfect Circle Nine Inch Nails Graham Nash The Ventures Go Go's Chris Spedding Joe Jackson Thompson Twins Flock of Seagulls Talking Heads B52's The Dhucks Peter Gabriel Ben Kweller Atmosphere Jackson Browne Neil Diamond The Police Gang of Four Madness Moody Blues Leon Redbone The Jam U2 Pat Metheny............... Those are the 34 I remember. W.Once

• JeffT
    JeffT

Almost all pre-dub days:

Led Zeppelin

Three Dog Night

The Who

The Doors

Cream

Grateful Dead

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young

John Mayall

And some others I was too stoned to remember now.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I've seen Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Smashing Pumpkins, Better Than Ezra, Foo Fighters, Black Crowes, Jonny Lang, Parliament Funkadelic, The Who, Of Montreal, No Doubt, Jewel, Bush, Garbage, Counting Crows, Willie Nelson, Gravity Kills, John Michael Montgomery, Ted Nugent, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Smithereens, Hootie and the Blowfish, Collective Soul, and Stone Temple Pilots.

But believe it or not the most fun I've ever had at a concert was the Presidents of the United States of America. They rocked.

• zagor
    zagor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvLkR64z-_I

Awesome singer. Love this song, probably something my daughter will sing to me in few years, well such is life...

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Flock of Seagulls

wasa...please tell me you did the hair

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

planning to see these at some point in the not too distant...

the fray
    patrick watson
    deacon blue
    elbow
    mercury rev
    sigur ros
    british sea power
    fiona apple
    natalie merchant

and these i am resigned to never seeing....

abba
    beegees
    elo
    green day
    led zep
    steely dan
    supertramp
    talk talk
    annie lennox
    kate bush
    tina turner
    bob seger
    david bowie
    meatloaf
    paul simon
    billy joel
    moody blues
    michael jackson
    dire straits
    kular shaker
    eagles

• rocketman
    rocketman

I've seen: Elton John (5) - excellent /////////Bad Company - my eyes burned from all the marijuana smoke ///////////Billy Joel - excellent //////////Heart - quite good /////////Dokken - not my type, went to impress a girl 10 years younger than me ////////Bruce Hornsby - good, but played only one hit song //////////Savage Garden (2) -decent show

• flipper
    flipper

Wow ! Thanks for all the replies ! Did this thread blow up or what ? Since there are so many replies - I'll post the names of the groups you mentioned by your name , of the groups I really like a lot that you posted ! So we can see what we have in common so to speak ! Lots of great tastes here ! Triple thumbs up ! Thanks again !

OCTARIAN PRINCE - Tom Petty, Rush

PURPLE SOFA- Blue Oyster Cult , Dave Matthews Band, Moody Blues

SNOOZY- ELO was big to me when I was a teenager ! They were good !

NEO MADMAN- Poco ( I love their stuff ! ) , Bruce Springsteen ( The Boss rocks ! ) , Roy Orbison

GOPHER- Cars, ELO was great !

ONLY ME- Red Hot Chili Peppers ( My current favorite group still performing ) , Nirvana, Bob Marley and his brood of children !

SPECTRE- Pink Floyd ( Big time ! ) , David Bowie

FLYING HIGH NOW- Johnny Winter ( wife loves him ! ) , Humble Pie, Neil Young ( gotta love Neil ! ) , Blue Oyster Cult

STILLA JW EXELDER- The Rolling Stones - What can you say but Wow! Classic rockers !

JK 666- Frank Zappa, Pink Floyd, BB King, Albert King, Van Halen, Jimmy Page & Robert Plant

TIJMKO- Bruce Springsteen, Pink Floyd, Queen, Sting ( really like him big time ! ) , Peter Gabriel, Red Hot Chili Peppers ( Love their albums ! ) , Rolling Stones

TIRED of the HYPOCRISY- Neil Young & Crazy Horse, Steve Miller Band

NOSFERATU - Blue Oyster Cult

RED RED ROSE- Led Zeppelin, Paul McCartney , Jethro Tull, Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, Emerson, Lake & Palmer , , ELO

RUB a DUB- Most all of your picks I like !

MOMZCRAZY- Lynard Skynard , Bon Jovi

LOCKED CHAOS- Great group picks ! I like most all of your picks !

M.J. - Chris Isaaac is good !

WASANELDERONCE- Bruce Springsteen, Peter Gabriel, Moody Blues, U 2

JEFF T- Led Zeppelin, Doors, Cream, John Mayall

JIMMY PAGE- Paul McCartney, Foo Fighters

HILLBILLY- Johnny Cash was a classic ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

RR- Bon Jovi, Gary Moore, Kansas, Santana, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Van Halen

ROCKETMAN- Heart was great ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• zagor

Share this

Google+