You don't have any rights here.

by yesidid 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher
    My opinion probably doesn't matter much here because I rarely post but I must say... Thank you Simon for taking control of a situation that was ruining this forum.

Of course your opinion matters! Your posts are always well-reasoned.

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Simon, and to all others, It's about time this got addressed. I was getting reluctant to even come to JWD to read others posts let alone post myself. I'm not anti-gay, I am, however, anti-shove it down your throat or you don't fit in. It seemed as if this board was becoming a pro-gay and pro-atheist board with very little to do about X-JW's needing support after having left. This is a place that people come to, to seek out comfort and friendship after leaving JWism. Perhaps it's time we get back to helping one another, the way this site was intended to do. BP

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Actually, being allowed to post here is a privilege, not a right. The owners are putting good time and money keeping this place going, and could have decided to take the forum down at any time. Or, they could have made it private, or charged a subscription fee for the use of it. As such, I see no problem with them putting a stop to the out of control threads about gays, especially when they have nothing to do with the Washtowel policies.

• trevor
    trevor

Well, yesidid thanks for posting my comment.

I rarely start threads myself because I am too boring for words. If asked whether I really made the comment quoted at the start of this thread, I will reply yesidid.

There is nothing I can add to what has been said, except I can feel a fresh breeze blowing through the board.

Voideater. As always I think you have been very reasoned and fair in your comments.

I admire you for staying around and taking the trouble to explain how you see things instead of joining others in trashing the board.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Umm, sorry. You have rights here. You have the right to follow the rules that you should have read before you signed up, and are at the bottom of every post. And you have the right to leave if you don't like them.

This isn't America, it's a discussion board.

As a reminder:

12. Annoying the forum owner
    If you have a query or a complaint then send a personal message or email. This is my site and I can say or do what I want and don't need lectures from anyone who doesn't like it. If you don't like this then don't use the site.

Forums may be moderated to make sure they stay friendly and welcoming, legal and relevant. We reserve the right to edit or delete posts at own discretion and without notice, which we consider to be unacceptable. If you repeatedly break these guidelines, you may be prevented from posting.

This is at the bottom of the page.

Geez, do some people just like to argue???

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

A lot of people probably forget that those are the very same posting guidelines they agreed to when they registered.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Exactly my point FFM.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I admire you for staying around and taking the trouble to explain how you see things instead of joining others in trashing the board.

Thank you Trevor. There has been a lot of entrenching in positions, rather than engaging in discussion. On both sides.

• free2beme
    free2beme

It has been my experience on boards like these, that ones without strict policy, become feeding grounds of negative vile jerks. Hell bent on manipulation, flame wars and games of all types. So bravo for pissing these people off Simon and forcing them to take their idiot behavior some where else and leaving it out of here.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    There has been a lot of entrenching in positions, rather than engaging in discussion. On both sides.

In my observaton, folks like Void and jstalin have emerged here as individuals with intelligent and interesting things to say. I think it has to do with emotional maturity. Others have emerged as abrasive charicatures, pushing the envelope of tolerance and causing a backlash that resulted in the individual members of the minority in question being "tarred with the same brush."

It's not fair, but it seems that 'society' sees most minorities in terms of their stereotypical characteristics, rather than as individuals who may or may not have those characteristics at all. But OTOH, most of us are guilty of referring to 'society' in the same way, as an amorphous whole without qualifiers, i.e., "some members of society....." As members of "society," much is laid at our feet, and most of it isn't pretty: racism, intolerance, selfishness, ignorance, guilt, violence, etc.

As a member of 'society,' I sometimes bristle at the unfairness of the broad accusations, that lump me in with a majority POV that I do not necessarily share.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit