You don't have any rights here.

by yesidid 34 Replies latest jw friends

• yesidid
    yesidid

You don't have any rights here. You cannot do as you see fit - Simon can. You are just a poster on a free web site and Simon is your host.

The quote above is Trevor's reply to Jringe01 who was pontificating (as he is wont to do) about protecting his "rights" on this board.

Jringe01's quote:

I will argue, I will suggest improvements and I will fight to defend my rights if I feel they are under attack AS I SEE FIT! That is my RIGHT as confirmed by the constitution and laws of this Dominion.

I repeat what Trevor said:

You don't have any rights here. You cannot do as you see fit - Simon can. You are just a poster on a free web site and Simon is your host.

If we could all keep this in the forefront of our thinking it would be the wonderful board it was when I joined.

yesidid

• Zico
    Zico

"If we could all keep this in the forefront of our thinking it would be the wonderful board it was when I joined."

Unfortunately not the wonderful board it was for the gay members when they joined.

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

I really don’t understand your point, but if you think you should be able to say whatever you like, then no one has that right, there are others here , so you need to keep within the rules, also this is supposed to be a Jehovah’s- witness forum not a Gay-rights forum, so keep within the subject matter.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

The community that comes together under Simon's umbrella is a self-creating, self-defining entity, that may choose to follow direction or not.

Simon has ultimate power over the meeting place - he can destroy it, or eliminate the presence of any poster or post. But the community will always self-create, self-define.

You, as a member of that community, are engaged in the process right now.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Good Point Zico

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I agree with lone ranger. This is a JW or ex JW forum.

Post were being made off subject and derailing threads. There were threads about gay issues and i do not think Simon was directing his rule towards these.

In saying you have no rights here, that is the same with any moderated board. This is a moderated discussion board, when a person makes a post this has to be taken into consideration. Easily a person can fall into the trap of thinking the posters own the board and can post whatever they want, the reality is that this is Simons board. He has created the board and makes the rules as he sees fit. If a poster does not like this, then he/she has the choice whether to post on here.

In my opinion it can be a danger to see this site as a support, especially a sole support, this is a discussion board. In saying this i have used it for support and grateful for this, but in doing this it must be accepted that sometimes your views are going to conflict with those that make the rules, so it is best for me personally to use this as the discussion board that it was originally intended for. Therefore my "rights" or "lack of rights" does not come into the equation.

Paul

• yesidid
    yesidid

Thank you digderidoo, that was well put:

it is best for me personally to use this as the discussion board that it was originally intended for
  • Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

selfishness

it is selfish to insist upon your own rights at the expense of the rights of others.

this is one of the major problems of society today.

and since this board is but a microcosm of larger society . . it is a major problem here as well.

sensitivity to the sensibilities of others goes a long way.

it's a two way street.

this is simon's board . . i have no rights here and I accept that because this place provides something I need/want.

Thanks, simon, for a place that has helped me and many others. I have been here since day 1 (but under another name)

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

"Original intent" ... I'm curious, did this start as a Board for ex-JWs? I was under the impressino it's original intent may have been somewhat different?

EDIT: PS - I never had a desire to make this a "gay" board, though I think it is important that the board be inclusive.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Not having any rights here as this topic is suggesting is totally absurd.

If you follow the guidelines that you were "supposed" to read, you can post on just about anything with your own opinion.

If the violating posters can't understand simple rules, then go somewhere where your type of conversation is tolerated. JWD has helped a lot of people get out and stay out of the borg. It's a place of mutual experiences.

The way some of the posts go, anyone with the slightest iota of doubt about their JW life just might shy away from this forum because of the conversation of a few degenerates. Now before anyone sends me anymore nasty PM's as I got from my last "voice" on this, I'm not talking about you being gay. I'm talking about your constant inuendos about your lifestyle.

Ok......you don't like that I don't like hearing about sexual conquests. I'm sure the gays will be the first to flame me once again. I have the PM's to prove it. But I'm also talking about the straight people who must reassure themselves by talking about their conquests also. You know what they say.....the person who has to always brag about what they are getting are the ones not getting at all.

By the way! Please don't challenge me to show the posts as proof. If you read JWD often enough, you know what they are, or you're totally lost.

I give Simon a lot of credit. If I had the power, I'd delete any and every topic dealing with so-called x-rated subject material. The originators would also be deleted. And there would still be thousands of posts that make real sense on this forum. There are other forums that love that kind of stuff. They have nothing helpful or upbuilding to give XJW any good advice at all.

Oh......if I do get any PM's.........I just get rid of them without reading them after the last batch.

Have a great life........if you can.

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit