Why are so many leaving?

by Dorktacular 45 Replies latest jw friends

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I think (or at least hope) that somewhere underneath Simon's vitriol, that was the underlying intent.

If the thread is about kittens, and "me and my partner (hetero or homo) did [insert non-kitten related sexual activity]"

Yes. Very Yes. I think that on both "sides" there has been entrenching in position rather than engaging in discussion, which happens in life. But there has been brusing, and it's interesting what becomes visible in times of high emotion.

I'm feeling stereotyped and bruised, which I will deal with. Part of that is taking a breather.

I aprpeciate what the Board has done for me, the people that I've come to know and have come to know me, the people that have posted without knowing I was reading.

Closure to wounds, yeh?

• DJ_Q
    DJ_Q

Voideater,

Im not gay, Im bi. But I got to admit some of the things that were said, definitely stereotyped. Hard to believe that of all the places to be singled out on, would be a former JW forum.

Truth is sometimes the abused, become the abusers.

Lots of Love (and I mean that in a non-gay, platonic, generic, kind of way, that wont get me banned from this forum).

DJ_Q

• free2beme
    free2beme

I think you are mistaken and feeding an issue that happens on all boards. When people get upset they post a "good-bye" thread to try and get their opinion heard louder (shock value) and in reality, they often return again and again. Seen it a million times, and several times on this board ... god it happens a lot! Anyway, these are often followed up with threads asking "why are people leaving?" The pattern is the same, the names just might be changed to protect the innocent. If people want to leave, leave! No big exit that makes people think, "What happened, could it have been me ... how can I change to stop this?" In all, don't waste your time! Anyway, the basic thought here ... still tons posting, some leave, some start posting, and in the end ... this site remains one of the busiest former Witness sites on the web year after year.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

When people get upset they post a "good-bye" thread to try and get their opinion heard louder (shock value)

That is not my personal intent, I have posted no such thread, I have taken responsibility for my reactions.

If you yourself are not willing to lead an examined life, so be it. No one's asking you to be self aware or interested in your surroundings.

EDIT: my apologies for still getting the kinks out...I don't mean to be attacking. I'm sorry.

• zagor
    zagor
    I've noticed as of late that quite a few people are posting "Good Bye" threads.... Why?

I haven't noticed that many but I think some of us just got that other thing going on, what do you call it? oh yes I remember now, - LIFE ;)

Other than that, appart from few short outbursts here and there I haven't been regular to this board for over a year now, heck even this might be one of my last dashes before I vanish forever lol

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

These are fomer JW's sheeplike people.

Monkey see monkey do people.

I work in a jail. When one person hangs themselves usually 3 or 4 follow.

It's human nature.

The pied piper.

Lemmings rushing off the cliff into the sea.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit