bad experiences with C.O.s?

by startingovernow 25 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    The thing I most regret is not speaking up to him - because I was afraid of being "disrespectful."

I have been careful so they won't want to DF me for anything, but it was priceless to be able to tell him off (sort of respectfully).

I am sure he just wants to avoid me from now on. More than a year after our 15 minute discussion, he was working in a car-group with my wife, in her car. My wife was going out of town the next day and I took her to the airport. Upon return home, I noticed that someone had left their ipod in the car. When my wife's plane landed, she said it must be the C.O.'s ipod. I told her to call him and let him know where it is, how to get ahold of me. I heard nothing for two days, then finally the C.O.'s wife called on Sunday morning asking to come get it. She and an elder's wife came by and picked it up. It told me that the C.O. wouldn't come out to get it, which would have been an excellent opportunity for him to "shepherd" me and bring an elder with him, so the Society representative could show the elders how to delicately handle such a situation. Instead, send the woman so he can further avoid me.

I am very confident that the C.O. told all the elders to just leave me alone. Works for me.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Onthewayout, it sounds like you have accomplished a very successful fade. When did you stop turning in time? Were you ever asked for it? I think its great you're being totally left alone and that's what I'm hoping for--so far so good for me, but I'm still turning in an hour or 2 each month for my elder husband's sake. Oops--not trying to hijack this thread or anything...

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

Bluecanary - amazing isn't it, how it can take us years to see the light? Even after this visit I was determined to be 'loyal' and not let jerks like him interfere with my relationship with God- big mistake. It wasn't until a few years later that I was able to get a grip.

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

With all the conventions coming up, I wanted to bump this up - the C.O.'s name rhymes with "mist." Please PM me if you don't want to post to the public.

Thanks

• cantleave
    cantleave

On the Way out - was there any Black sabbath or Guns and Roses on his ipod?

• startingovernow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit