Date results

by B_Deserter 26 Replies latest jw friends

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I posted this as a reply but I figured I'd just make a new thread as well.

The date went well, very well. She even asked for a second date afterwards. I had a few minor slip-ups, but overall I couldn't have expected a better first date. I made sure to speak softly and quietly, look into her eyes, and listen. Pretty soon, I didn't even have to think about it! It just felt so...normal (in a good way). It felt like, this is what I'm SUPPOSED to be doing. I'm SUPPOSED to be meeting new people, taking ladies out to dinner and to the park and things like that.

I remember an older JW brother telling me that this is what dating used to be like in the JW world. You'd take a girl out to dinner and then next week you'd take someone else. He was flabbergasted that now if you go on one date as a JW you're considered almost engaged. Now I know that dating in the "world" is 1,000,000% better than dating as a dub, there's just no comparison. It's just so much FUN. You don't have to think about marrying the person right away or anything.

I do like this one and am happily anticipating our next date, but I also can't wait to go out with other ladies, too! Man I feel like a kid in a candy store. Now that I know I can be a decent date, all of my inhibitions and worries about inadequacy are gone. With practice I think I can actually become great at it. Now I know why the society forbids dating outside the church. Witness women are generally pretty boring when compared to who's available outside the gates! :-D

• Priest73
    Priest73

get any?

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Amen!

Glad you had a great time!

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I'm a gentleman, Priest!

• Priest73
    Priest73

"I'm a gentleman, Priest! "

I'll take that as a no.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Are you trying to say I'm a failure because I didn't screw on the first date?

• Priest73
    Priest73

no. I'm only teasing.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I see

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Sounds like you are well on your way to Don Juandom.

• poppers
    poppers

I am happy for you, B_Deserter. Enjoy yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit