Another new guy from TX

by Texman55 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy and welcome. I'm in the Dallas area, and although the Dallas contingent isn't quite as big or as rowdy as it used to be, we're still here.

Chris

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Galileo, I hope he at least kept the Miata.

Texman, welcome to the board! Ah yes, the rowdy days . . . I think it just got too hot to be rowdy.

Nina

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Welcome Texman.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Welcome to JwD

:)

• legalchickie
    legalchickie

welcome tex man!

until i found this forumi felt so totally alone. whether we have been raised as a jw just coerced into becoming one...we all share a common bond...one that no one outside of the WTS could ever understand...

when i began to fade i felt so totally alone! been in the "truth" for 25 years, and just going through the motions for about 15. just stop and think the common thread in all of our stories pain, isolution, it's all there. i look back now with so much regret. birthdays that i missed with my boys, christmas, thanksgving, not to mention mother's and father's days. i can't get them back but i rejoice that my little grandson will never be exposed to this horrible way of life. btw, he will be 2 yrs old sept first and we are gonna have a big party!

also, i have posted some in the past, after hours at work or lunch breaks since i did not have a computer at home. i am now in the 21st century, i have a home computer!!

welcome new guy from tx, you will find comfort and friends here. ones that do understand because we have all lived through the horror of the wbts.

let freedom ring!

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Welcome Texman!!

• wednesday
    wednesday
    Which I was. Understandably, because my parents drank too much, there were truly horrible fights every night at home

My parents were inactive ( which a long time ago was no all that bad,it was sort of like being a Jew who never went to temple, people still spoke to you) but I digress. Anyway,was drawn into the jws org b/c I was so lonely. They were my family.

cults do snag children who need family.

welcome to the board. We have a big group here.

• Texman55
    Texman55

Um, haven't figured out the individual quote & reply mechanism on this board yet, so let me just say a group thanks! to everybody for their welcomes and comments. Feels like old home week, for sure...... :oD hugs y'all.....

All I can do is share my story.....and maybe mine is a little different from the majority....but the great multiform variety of life makes for lots of "different" flowers and trees and people.....oh yeah remember like all the pretty pictures in the old paradise regained book, lol......and like yknot said, I hope some lurker like me who didn't fit in is deeply relating.....

cruzanheart and ohiocowboy....you got mail.

jk666....yeah spending your teens thinking God was gonna zap you into eternal oblivion just anyday now was a great start on life....not.....as you know lol

ataloa and legalchickie....youre right the pain and the isolation are things only other exjws really understand.....unless its exmormons maybe lol.....but never met any of them, only ever met 1 exjw before, years ago.....poor guy, he was gay and from somewhere deep in the hills of Kentucky....he left the borg and all his family behind but he believed he was now "serving Satan" as he put it.....no education, couldnt see how he'd been totally brainwashed.....I hope he got some more smarts down the road. Ugh, its just so f*cking NASTY what they did to us, ya know?? straight or gay.....

and legalchickie....you came into the borg just as I was leaving it.....your profile talks about the guilt you feel....I totally understand....but you really believed with all your heart you were serving the ultimate good in the universe, like me didn't you? So don't beat yourself up.....we all did what we thought was the right thing.....for a very good motive.....we jus didnt realize we were tricked and trapped and lied to by an evil system of thinking started and perpetuated by a gang of expert con artists. Hope you and everyone has read Ray Franz' Crisis of Conscience.....OMG were my eyes opened when I found that about 10 years ago.....course I had long since known it was not "the Truth".....but wow.....to finally see the extent of the lies and manipulation.....made me boiling mad.....still am.

wednesday.....yeah I was so lonely at 14.....yeah the JWs became the big loving family I'd never had.....so I thought.....and yeah cults love to snag kids like that, you know it too.

babygirl75....thanks for the post....luv the graphic!!! :oD boots and jeans and cowboy hat guy here.....

galileo....oh man you are so right.....it coulda been so friggin worse.....married to the fat girl....who is probably a very sweet person, but still.....not the partner he really wants.....Brokeback Mountain....and all those crying babies to feed on a minimum wage job....and eaten up with self-loathing on the inside.....my heart goes out to your friend, poor bastard.

jamie....appreciate the thoughtful question....long story short, my dad died suddenly a few months after I joined the JWs....so telling him was never an issue.....I think now that he must have known or sensed I was gay from a couple of odd comments he made....kids are a lot more transparent than they think to their parents.....so that just left my mom.....I didnt tell her till I came out at age 24....it was scary taking that step.....all gay kids are so afraid they will lose their parents love if they come out to them.....or they were in my day and time....30 years ago, it was a different world you know, there werent gay people all over tv and movies and magazines like now, all you ever heard was filthy, sick, perverts etc......

But I was so blessed, really and truly blessed.....course it took mom by surprise.....but she didnt miss a beat, what she said was, "I love you, you're my son, part of me, I brought you into this world and I will always love you no matter what." ....you have to understand, so very many gay people are shunned by their parents, totally cast off just like JWs do with Df'ers.....but my Mama's love was the rock of Gibraltar, nothing could shake that, ever. She died in '94 and I miss her every day still....but her love is always right here with me in my heart, lifting me up, giving me wings. Thanks so much mom, I love you with all my heart....always.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

welcome sparkles

to the board....

hope4others

• mouthy
    mouthy

married to the fat girl.... Would he have been better off with a thin one? I feel fat people have to be "talked" about in the orgnization just as the gays were ,I know !!!I used to tell folks off when I was a JW for mocking the fat ones, & the ones they thought were gay, Lets not do that to any one....( Yes I am FAT!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit