Painter born without eyes baffles both the artistic and scientific worlds.

by Yizuman 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
  • Tara
    Tara

Oh, wow! That's mind blowingly amazing.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Thanks for posting that, it was stupendous. I loved it. W.Once

• Greensleeves
    Greensleeves

At first I was starting to think that it was something paranormal. Like literally seeing without eyes. But I can see (no pun intended) that he is a truly gifted man! Very inspiring.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

It reminds me somewhat of savants actually.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Pretty amazing.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I wonder what randi would say..

S

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I always felt that children that had extra talents/gifts, lived a previous life.

This painter, makes me think the same thing, that he had a previous life.

very cool, thank you for sharing.

lisa

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Satanus:

I wonder what randi would say..

Not a lot. I have no doubt he'd be impressed as we all are, and while I was expecting a quasi-supernatural element to this story, there really isn't one. Yizuman's headline is very misleading, the scientific world isn't baffled by this, it's a blind man essentially painting with Braille and using the correct colours which he has memorised by rote. I don't want to take anything away from what is a remarkable achievement, but there's no "woo-woo" involved here, just good old-fashioned triumphing over adversity.

It's a shame that some people can't appreciate his acheivement for what it is without inventing unnecessary paranormal "explanations".

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

I always felt that children that had extra talents/gifts, lived a previous life.

This painter, makes me think the same thing, that he had a previous life.

So, we ask, how do you know how long these poles should be as they recede? I was taught, he says. Not by any formal teacher, but by casual comments by friends and acquaintances. How do you know about shadows? He learned that too. He confides that for a long time he figured that if an object was red, its shadow would be red too. "But I was told it wasn't," he says. But how do you know about red? He knows that there's an important visual quality to seen objects called "colour" and that it varies from object to object. He's memorised what has what colour and even which ones clash.

He learnt from others. Nothing to suggest a previous life experience there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit