Painter born without eyes baffles both the artistic and scientific worlds.

by Yizuman 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

So, the thread is discouraged, then?

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Easy there, guy. I didn't mean THIS thread, i meant the thread that i suggested i could start, where you could field questions from people. It could be fun, yaknow. But, if your not up for it, that's ok.

S

Ps, of course satanus is my real name;)

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

Incredible!!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Prof long

On second thought, if you're flustered easily, it might not be a good idea. Maybe wait a little longer. Or, you could start it yourself.

S

• jgnat
    jgnat

I see he's drawn since childhood. I think he has a natural talent for art, and has worked harder than most of us to get there. I can totally relate to letting the paint dry between sessions. It's the best way to get those vibrant colors. What a vivid imagination he has. Those underwater scenes. I wonder if he's ever handled a violin?

As for longshanks? He yanks chains. Why bother responding?

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Oh wow, this is amazing. Just to see a tad glimpse at what he goes through, me and the kids did an "art project".

We took coloring pages and I traced each one to have it where we could feel the outlines...then we colored them in with a blind fold on. It was funny but we also realized...it was very difficult to stay in the lines and fill in the picture with the colors.

The kids had fun and this was a great learning lesson.

Thanks for posting this...very awesome.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I don't think Randi would call shenanigans on this man's incredible talent. By every other means except sight, he can imagine colors, shapes, and perspective. Another important factor in this man's talent is that he does not allow himself to be shackled by his blindness.

• Greensleeves
    Greensleeves

Wow! Thank you for sharing this. There is something called synesthesia which is a union of one or more of the senses. It's a Greek word

that comes from 'syn' meaning together and 'aisthesis' meaning sensation. For instance, you can hear colors or feel sounds. There is a really

good book about this called "The Man Who Tasted Shapes" by Richard E. Cytowic, M.D. It sounds like this artist may be experiencing this.

The fact that his brain showed extreme activity in the visual cortex, an area that should have been virtually inactive due

to his blindness, makes me think he is a blind synesthete where his senses of sight and touch combine. Amazing!

Now, that is a good post. Very facinating and informative. Thank You Journey-on!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit