Attention Book Lovers!!!!!!!

by whyamihere 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Blasty
    Blasty

the library I pass on the way to work is always very busy. I don't understand why either? Maybe I should go in there and see what all the hubbub is about.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

You might like What the Dead Know by Laura Lippman, a suspense novel that really keeps you guessing with an ending that does not disappoint.

Does anyone go to the Public Library anymore? When I go it seems like such a ghost town - almost like a lost art. I love the smell of a Library and I could spend my whole day sitting there reading in peace.

I feel the same way about libraries and visit often - a life-long habit starting when my dad took me when I was barely old enough to read. I could walk into a library blindfolded and know where I am. They are a use of my tax dollar that I fully support!

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

The Last Patriot by Brad Thor. Fiction about a lost last revelation of Mohammed - a missing book of the Koran. Main characters are CIA & FBI agents. It's one of those books you just can't put down.

Thor says the book is a work of fiction based largely on fact. "Mohammed's lost revelation as depicted herein, as well al-Jazari's preservation of same, is of my own making. The plot device of Mohammed being assassinated by one of his companions is also of my own making (though there is evidence that Mohammed was assassinated). The concept of abrogation and everything else related to the Koran in this novel is true."

It was so good my daughter has ordered the rest of his books. She said his first one released in 2002 was not as good as this current one. Haven't heard a review of the next one yet.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I think you might like this last book I read,

eat,pray,love by Elizabeth Gilbert.

Although its a spiritual journey there is so much more to it.

Her loves, her fears, Italy, food, travel. She is a very smart woman, witty and chatty.

Modern, I did truely love this book.

purps

• beksbks
    beksbks

I work at the Library. We are extremely busy. I love it.

Try Lorna Landvik, most of her stuff is really good. The Sunday Wife, by Cassandra King. Anything by Greg Iles, or John Lescroart. Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett.

• trevor
    trevor

For those thinking of joining the Watchtower Society.

Title: OPENING THE DOOR TO JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES by Trevor Willis. Category: Religion & Spirituality Description: An honest and thought provoking examination of the WATCHTOWER SOCIETY, its teachings, and its Membership; a must-read for anyone who is in contact with Jehovah’s Witnesses. This book, written by someone who spent the first thirty years of his life as a Jehovah’s Witness, provides a fascinating insight into their beliefs and lifestyle. The many claims of the Watchtower Society are examined. The methods they use to draw people into their religion. What they presently believe. The beliefs they previously held. What is expected of the members. How members are instructed to view outsiders. This easy to read book is a goldmine, for those wanting to avoid the pitfalls along the way in their search for truth. To review my book visit Lulu.com and enter ID: 196558 in the search box. Available as book or download.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Currently on my nightstand:

Paddler's Guide to Everglades National Park.

Thus Spake Zarathustra

For a New Liberty

Once I read the latter two, I have:

The Phenomenon of Man

I recently finished (early July) Siddartha by Herman Hesse and was found deeply thought-provoking.

BTS

• Sirona
    Sirona

Wow trevor, I didn't think you had a book...

Looks interesting,

Sirona

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

Christian Fiction -> The Shack

If you are looking to deepen your relationship w/ God and need a book to help you put aside the judgemental angry God of the JW's I highly recommend this book.

Jeremiah

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett.

I read that one in April, it was a birthday gift. Very good.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit