Your TOP TEN reasons why

by wobble 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gopher
    Gopher

Oompa,

I don't have a complete list for you -- but I do think you'll enjoy the video clip embedded below. It's the first part of an in-depth expose of JW lies by TV preacher John Ankerburg, whom I find to be very reasoned and well-researched.

Of special note for you is the part starting at about 10 minutes into this 11-minute clip, where they quote a Greek Bible scholar saying the New World Translation is a mistranslation, and that the WT Society was wrong to frame anything he said as having been in favor of their translation !!! (What a shock, they misquoted someone...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByQk4_-p6c8

• Honesty
    Honesty

Can anyone tell me just ONE reason why it can be the truth?

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Without a shadow of a doubt the number one reason has to be...

LIES - Coverups of failed prophecies, changed doctrines, sanitised history of organisation and bogus reasons behind changes in policy to name but a few

2. Conditional friendships - real friends stick by you regardless of changes in what you believe

3. Control - over thought, emotions, behaviour, dress, relationships, sexual life, information, career, education, health

4. Severe punishment for showing integrity and exposing lies - disfellowshipping/shunning leading to psychological damage and breakdown of familiies/friendships and in extreme cases suicide

5. Mistranslation of the Bible

6. Secret judicial committees that do not deliver justice and pry into issues that are none of the elders' business

7. Unqualified men (elders) giving advice that can cause irrevocable damage in the areas of marriage, mental health, relationships, careers, education, family, children

8. No real joy in worship

9. Individual talent suppressed leading to: lousy music at services, drab sermons, boring assemblies, pathetic attempt at charity, no youth program, archaic preaching methods

10. Relentless routine and high expectations that lead to mental and emotional breakdowns/damage

I could go on but you did say the TOP TEN.

• dawg
    dawg

This thread is amazing...

1st reason... Men are men (and women) and nothing more, no man is better than another, I've learned from all the people I've known; I'm convinced the human condition happens to us all at different levels... I don't think what no man says is any more divine than what another one says... the Faithful and Discreet slave have that moniker because they gave it to themselves... they aren't special.. they are nothing more than men... and I have the right to question what they say as I do all men. No way am I an "apostate" for questioning what other men say... I would be more of an "apostate" for not questioning them.

2ond reason: when you build a mansion for returning "worthies" like Abraham, Issac and Jacob; you deed it to them because you predicted that they'd return in 1925, and then the man who predicted their return lives in the mansion that was built until his death in 1940 (I think) then your prophesies aren't right, period! You are a false prophet...

3... the Bible clearly isn't the word of God... no way no how. So, why would I care what some fools say about a book that's been discredited? It's like being mad about what someone says about "Moby Dick", that book was fiction, and so is the Bible... too much time wasted on a book that's not true...

4-Jerusalem didn't fall in 607BC.. it fell in 586BC/587BC... only a complete idiot with no knowledge in biblical history thinks otherwise... The WTBTS has never had a scholar within their ranks.. that's why the ignorance concerning 607BC...

5-Predictions based on the pyramids, and numerology. Any leader that uses the Great Pyramid of Giza, and is such a fool as to call it "God's message in stone" is a lunatic. Need I say more? There is no way in hell a mad man like this has "god's spirit" WTF?

6-I've already said the bible is BS... but in John chapter 5: it says that all must eat of the flesh and drink of the blood to have eternal life... I can't find any scripture that backs up their stance on the 144k-that they should only partake... As a matter of fact, the great crowd is before the throne and before the lamb... in heaven not on the earth.

7-1914 clearly has no significance-it is Bull shit all the way around.. that means the WTBTS couldn't have been chosen by Christ in 1919... everything they say is shit.

8-Death is a natural occurrence, a lady eating a fruit didn't cause death... death has been around quite awhile... the dinosaurs weren't wiped out because Eve ate a fruit.. there was never to be a "paradise earth", it isn't real... death is real, it has always been and always will be..If death weren't natural, then why did the dinosaurs die long before the fruit eating began? Its a fairy tale. Death is as natural as life...

9-shunning is a way to control actions... if you'd not been shunned for not confirming, then you'd of never agreed in the first place, it's bullshit after all. If your own family members didn't say "if you don't agree with what I think, then I'll never talk to you again" then you'd of never fallen into line... piss on it! We all knew what these guys were saying was shit, we agreed only to save our relationships between family and friends...is that not the complete truth? This is really all they have...

10-Plumbers shouldn't be councilors...we go in private, and tell our darkest secrets to plumbers...or window washers... we do this because we've been sold on the fact that these men have "god's spirit" on them, directing them... but God's spirit isn't on these men, no more than he's with all men... the council given is often brazen for that reason, it's not from God... these are plumbers after all (sorry plumbers for the metaphor) but regardless they are uneducated in the ways of council. I'm sick to the core of seeing good people turning to an unforgiving bunch of plumbers, that are using a book that's been discredited as a form of "council"... please! The truth is what we should be seeking... noting more!

• IreallydidwalkoutofaKH
    IreallydidwalkoutofaKH

1...Charles Rusell a molester....2...The Judge an adulter............3.... Homer Knorr and the Kingdom Hall atop the Gay Bar in Toronto......4...Fred Franz lying that Rusell came up with 1914 the way it was explained in the "Paradise on Earth" book.....5...Milton "5 Star Hotel" Henshel's butt takes in the WT about how not to act with your wife in bed....6....Beth-Sarim..7...... no little league....8.... the 2008 calender year for Murrieta, Ca 92563.....9 ............The horrible DC....DRAMA..............and 10......The 1984 Smurfs debacle!!!!!

• free2beme
    free2beme

I will make it a short list ...

1. Because Christianity and the Witnesses are just a religion that stole beliefs from Pagans and tried to make it there own.

2. Witnesses do not have a true acknowledgement of the spirit realm.

3. Because this is one planet in a huge universe and to think god and religion is all corner stoned here, is insane.

4. Because I would not fly with a pilot who told me they were making it up as they go along, any more then I would a religion.

5. Because I hate arrogant assholes who think they are better then others, and refuse to look in a reality mirror at themselves.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I don't think I could limit it to only ten.

• hot mama
    hot mama

I hate the disfellowshipping, I hate the fact that you are only "in" good standing if you are working yourself to death in service, I don't like the fact that higher education is frowned upon,actually there is nothing about it that I do like, so there's really no point in going on about it.

• cawshun
    cawshun

JW's do not promote higher EDUCATION, must keep you ignorant and under their control. If that one doesn't wake one up what will it take?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit