Men or Women Seeking a Relationship - What Qualities Do You Look For ?

by flipper 62 Replies latest social relationships

• flipper
    flipper

Many of us have had our ups and downs in relationships. I think that goes without saying ! We have all been through the mill and back with perhaps getting with the wrong person - but not finding it out until a year or two down the road. Sometimes, it can become clear right away that things won't work between prospective partners - which is good as you don't put as much time into getting hurt !

That being said, from what I've noticed people tend to put more effort and emphasis in picking a career or employment and being choosy about that - than putting the time into meeting and getting to know what kind of person they would like to have a relationship with. So many people leave it up to random selection - not much thought - then they wonder down the road why they are getting burned !

I too, once was like that . But in time , with each relationship I learned more about what I would not put up with in a partner, and spent time researching what I really wanted in a partner. Which was mutual respect, similar interests, great chemistry, real unselfish love, someone who really gets me, communicates well and wants to spend her life with me. There is a lot more to it of course, but I feel lucky after all these years to finally have found it ! God knows , I paid my dues in bad relationships too! But remember, life can change on a dime ! So what have you ladies and men folk found in looking for someone that you really want to connect with ? What are you looking for in a partner ? Do you know ? As always- I look forward to hearing from you ! Should be interesting ! Take care, Peace out to all, Mr. Flipper

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

I'm looking for someone married!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I look for a kindred spirit. Someone who is not judgmental, but who has scruples and ethics. Someone who is kind and empathetic, who still has backbone and gumption. I look for things in common and compatibility. I look for chemistry and mutual attraction. I tend to be drawn to passionate, intense people, whether in a friend or potential partner. It helps if he as a person is spiritual, but he doesn't have to be religious or Christian. I wouldn't rule out someone if he wasn't spiritual in nature, but he'd have to be understanding that I am. Someone who likes to laugh and can match wits with me.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I used to rely on sense of humor, personality. I would look to see how they treated others, especially those of the opposite sex in their family. If she had a good relationship with her father. Most any ethnicity and race was attractive to me. etc etc

Now I just go with breast size.

• SuperApostateGirl
    SuperApostateGirl

My bestfriend and a man who tells you are sexy without asking how you look even when

you've gained ten pounds and feel like a :

Thank God i found him!!!!! Thats how I know God is real,if ya know what I mean!

• seawolf
    seawolf

A bank account larger than Fort Knox.

• whitman
    whitman

I have learnt that one thing which is important to me in a partner is that they have a strong ethical and moral framework which is not determinedor governed by an institution.

By that I mean I look for someone who has actually given some thought as to how to be a human (or whatever we are).

• beksbks
    beksbks

Sense of humor is very important. When I first met Honey Bunny I asked him a few pertinent questions because I knew the answers would determine whether I should even bother.

What is your political affiliation, what is your religious affiliation, and what kind of music do you like. Needless to say, he passed.

• Tool Man
    Tool Man

Well I'm happy with my wife, but if I had a chance to do it all over again I would definitely stay away from anyone who was raised up as a Jehova Witness

• White Dove
    White Dove

Hygene first.

Friendliness.

Brains.

Open mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit