What should I do at elders meeting with me?

by BonaFide 39 Replies latest jw friends

• mustang
    mustang
    Anyway, get a lawyer or refuse to answer any questions and deny deny everything.

Lawyers are NEVER allowed and have NO JURISDICTION in this VENUE (a Church Law Tribunal).

Unless they have 2 witnesses, what can they do?

Yes!!!! "He said-She said." Where's her witness? That one should work here, but cross your fingers.

Mustang

• DJ_Q
    DJ_Q

Deny, deny, deny. If you can live with what happened and it isn't going to bother your conscience, then deny it. Don't breakdown, don't get angry, and don't start to feel guilty even if they tell you, that Jehovah knows. You know he does, but you also know just how far it went, and if all you did was what you wrote, then deny it.

If you grow a pair of nuts, then also tell them that your sexual preferences or acts are none of their business. They will argue that it is their job to keep the congregation morally clean, but it will be very hard to punish you for something that is only implied. In the end I guess they can do what they want, but then tell them that Jehovah knows what is in your heart.

Good luck, and don't be a wus.

DJ_Q

• amama2six
    amama2six

Link...he HAS to go. Not going is in effect admitting guilt AND showing unrepentance in the Elders' book. I didn't go to my hearing and what happened? I got DFed.

I would do what has already been brought up...

DENY DENY DENY (nobody saw you anyway, so what "two witness" proof do they have?) It's your word against hers.

Point out that nothing was said until you got a new GF.

Blame her accusations on her JEALOUSY.

Do the "false witness" scripture quotes, too.

If you play it right by the time you get done they will be looking to discipline HER and not YOU.

• mustang
    mustang
    "... Under the Mosaic Law, provisions were for made for cases of jealousy where the husband suspected his wife of secret adultery. If there were not the required two witnesses to prove the accusation so that the human witnesses could act to apply the death sentence, the procedure prescribed by the Law was that the couple should present themselves before Jehovah's representative, the priest. This action constituted an appeal to Jehovah, who was aware of all the facts, for His judgement. If adulterous, the woman received, as a direct punishment from Jehovah, the loss of her procreative powers. If the husband's jealousy was unfounded, then he had to have sex relations with her so that she could bear a child. --- Num. 5:11-31.

Aid to Bible Understanding p. 874, pp. 6 cpyrt. 1971

Hmmm... strong emphasis on two witnesses here. It's from Brooklyn AND the Bible. Just keep quoting scripture/Brooklyn:

1) it keeps you busy and with purpose on your mind, your stress will go down.

2) you'll look great, highly scriptural.

3) this is the stunt they always pull, so you'll be one up on them; they CAN'T stop you without looking anti-Bible :)

4) her jaw will hit the floor; BTW, where's her Bible?

5) they'll tire out and shush you and likely go your way.

6) the down-side: you might get promoted.

Mustang

• gymbob
    gymbob

Ditto what mustang said. Jealousy is your strongest card here.....Gymbob

• amama2six
    amama2six

6) the down-side: you might get promoted.

Classic, Mustang, CLASSIC! hahahaha

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Didn't i read on a previous post of yours you were once a CO, temporarily?

purps

• oompa
    oompa

Actually....i would shake her hand with a trojan placed carefully in your hand before entering the room. Then show them the condom...and let them know her finger prints are on the condom she offered you........oompa

• What-A-Coincidence
  • yknot
    yknot

Bonafide

Ditto Mustang!

In William Congreve's play "The Mourning Bride" (1697) The quote "Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned / Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." is found but often just shorten to " Hell hath no fury like a woram scorned".......and for many of my dear sisters it is completely true!

Now is the time to play the boys only club mentality.............Answer the questions tactfully just don't admit to anything other then she is the pursuer and you the distancer. Her jealousy was overwhelming and unsuitable for a Christian marriage.......tell them she is trying to ruin you and that is why you have nothing to hide. Then make sure to detour the conversation by asking how they as men handled such 'women'. That you are inexperienced since you devoted your time to the ministry work.....end with that was real scary I can't imagine any man married to such a sister.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit