Bank of America took $3000 out of my checking account without telling us!

by LovesDubs 72 Replies latest jw friends

• seawolf
    seawolf
    Any and every bank will do that. The banks are not your friends. Banking and consumer lending industry play a part in why the economy is so bad right now. Evil bastards.

+1

• Layla33
    Layla33

SixofNine,

You bring up an excellent point. When I got divorced, I paid off all my credit cards. I have one, Amex Platinum, that I pay off every month, if there is even a charge on there. I don't use it. I use it to reserve rooms, and rent cars when I go on vacation. I have forced myself to live with the cash I have, that's it.

I have started taking money out of my accounts and keeping it in an envelope. I just don't trust the banks anymore. BOA is just one of many huge banks that will go in your accounts and deduct. There's an entire forum dedicated to former and present BOA customers that have been ripped off.

To the originator of this thread: Call customer service everyday until you get it resolved. Write letters, document everything.

• Warlock
    Warlock

FD,

I see they have let you loose from your cell for a while.

LD,

If it is any consolation, there are quite a few that have been caught in this downturn. When it's over, just re-group and start over.

Warlock

• snowbird
    snowbird

Loves, I was in your shoes 7 years ago. I lost my nice Buick LeSabre and nearly lost my house.

My problem was that I was so sick emotionally that I couldn't function at work. The doctors couldn't find anything physically wrong with me, therefore disability was out of the question.

I slogged bravely onward, desperately trying to avoid filing, which to me signaled personal failure and irresponsibility. The fact that one elder in particular used to rail against filing for bankruptcy was a prime cause for my hesitancy.

Fool that I was! I was granted bankruptcy status that allowed me to regroup and pay off my creditors. I'm so thankful for this as I'm almost fully recovered and have learned to never again allow judgmental know-it-alls to dictate my course in life.

Peace to you and yours as you recover.

Sylvia

• Satanus
    Satanus

While you're at it, take all of the money out of all your bank accounts. Safer in a sock. The govt is even more powerful than the banks are.

S

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

LD..

very sorry to hear of your financial woes. However you ended up in this situation, those who have thrown their judgmental opinions at you should be ignored.

I used to work for a third party collection agency doing collections over the phone. There are laws that govern what they can and cannot do. The laws are different for first party creditors. If the creditor themselves are calling you, they can get by with a lot more than a third party collection agency. Definitely get your attorney to send C&D (cease and desist) letters to each and every creditor and agency. For the debt that has already gone to an agency...get real familiar with the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collections Practices Act).... full text PDF here. Then make sure you enforce your rights...via your attorney if need be...

As for BofA....I know people who used to work for them... lets just say I would never do business with BofA... I wont say more for fear of getting hit with a libel suit...

Snakes ()

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy
    The govt is even more powerful than the banks are.

That is debatable. Do some in depth research on The Federal Reserve.

LRG

• Warlock
    Warlock
    My objection was to your idea that you should not have to suffer the negative consequences of your decisions and that your creditors should bear the costs instead.

FD,

Should Indymac, Bear Sterns, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, bear the negative consequences of THEIR financial decisions without a taxpayer bailout?

Warlock

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy
    My objection was to your idea that you should not have to suffer the negative consequences of your decisions and that your creditors should bear the costs instead.

FD,

Should Indymac, Bear Sterns, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, bear the negative consequences of THEIR financial decisions without a taxpayer bailout?

Warlock

Thank you Warlock!!

LRG

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

If I know FD I doubt he would endorse a bailout for bad business decisions. They made bad loans, and leveraged the instruments. A great deal of it will be unrecoverable.

Let them take their medicine.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit