Bank of America took $3000 out of my checking account without telling us!

by LovesDubs 72 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

We are filing bankruptcy in three days. They KNOW THIS. We finally got enough money together, which included our government incentive check, to pay the lawyer to do it and last night saw TWO WITHDRAWALS from our checking account! $700 and $2300!! Perfectly legal the bank says. Read the fine print on your credit card agreement the bank says. We are entitled to "make ourselves whole" the bank says. And so they just TOOK it. There goes my mortgage payment AND the funds we saved to pay the lawyer! Im sick to my stomach over this.

So much for working out a payment arrangment with them. Fuck em. Im closing ALL my accounts with them. I immediately went over there and EMPTIED all my childrens savings accounts as well so the fuckers dont take THOSE TOO.

DO NOT KEEP MONEY IN THE SAME BANK WHERE YOU HAVE YOUR CREDIT CARDS!! lesson LEARNED

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

DO NOT KEEP MONEY IN THE SAME BANK WHERE YOU HAVE YOUR CREDIT CARDS!! lesson LEARNED

The same can be said for any loan that you may have, mortgage, car or personal. I worked for a bank in Canada, and one of the reasons I quit is because of practices like this. One call in particular was from a guy who had lost his job and was doing everything he could to make ends meet. He got his first Unemployment cheque in and needed it to pay his rent, and the bank saw he had money and took it. Perfectly legal, totally unethical.

Kwin

• yknot
    yknot

OMG !!!!!!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Alternatively, pay your bills on time, and don't expect to be able to keep the money you owe while declaring yourself unable to pay your creditors. That's probably a much more valuable lesson to learn.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Half of that money they took was my government issued incentive check too. I feel like Im gonna throw up.

• littlerockguy
  • sacolton
    sacolton

Talk to a lawyer immediately. Just because they tell you they can do it, doesn't mean it's legal or right. Your bankruptcy lawyer should be able to advise you better than anyone on this forum.

funkyderek: If all you're going to do is sprew judgemental third-degree commentary ... it's not helpful or needed.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Any and every bank will do that. The banks are not your friends. Banking and consumer lending industry play a part in why the economy is so bad right now. Evil bastards.

LRG

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Yeah...like it never occurred to me to "pay my bills on time". I had excellent credit until the housing market TANKED and the bank ended my construction line of credit because my house wasnt worth what the line was any more. And so we couldnt finish the renovations we started. And we couldnt therefore refinance it. And therefore we couldnt get the money back OUT of it we just put INTO it...and therefore are now having to file bankruptcy to keep a roof over our heads. yeah...thats all my fault.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Wow...Must withdraw ALL funds before filing.

Half of that money they took was my government issued incentive check too.

Subtract that from the money you would have gotten from your tax return.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit