What is YOUR bible of choice?

by gloobster 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

I found a way to put the NWT in e-sword, it really shows how bad it is when you compare verse by verse.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Gideon's version

Sits in a drawer somewhere,....

• gloobster
    gloobster
    I found a way to put the NWT in e-sword, it really shows how bad it is when you compare verse by verse.

How? I didn't see it available in the list of downloads?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Here's a thread about my favorite translation- Why our Bible is the best!

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

gloobster

Try these for a start

New World Translation (Jehovah's Witness Version) (1984) [NWT]

http://www.esnips.com/doc/995f8dde-b41d-4da3-8691-fe38ad4c9efc/NWT

http://www.esnips.com/doc/12c728f7-ce73-41ad-87de-d5ca2f148c9b/NWT_Words_Indexed

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York (1984) It was translated from the Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek languages by a committee. It was originally released in six volumes from 1950 to 1960. The originals contained marginal references and footnotes. The revised 1961 edition had neither. It was released by the committee to the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania for printing, translation into other languages, and distribution. The translators felt responsible to God to transmit His thoughts and declarations as accurately as possible.

• SuperApostateGirl
    SuperApostateGirl

I like this one...

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Mine is "The Age of Reason" by Thomas Paine...oh and nature of course. IC

• gloobster
    gloobster

gloobster

Try these for a start

New World Translation (Jehovah's Witness Version) (1984) [NWT]

http://www.esnips.com/doc/995f8dde-b41d-4da3-8691-fe38ad4c9efc/NWT

http://www.esnips.com/doc/12c728f7-ce73-41ad-87de-d5ca2f148c9b/NWT_Words_Indexed

Deputy Dog, are you sure this is really the NWT? I didn't look at them in depth--They do seem identical in Genesis, but compare these notorious quotes. And I know these particular verses haven't changed since 1984. Is the e-sword file perhaps an older NWT?

From above link NWT:

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word; and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Joh 1:2 He was with God in the beginning. Joh 1:3 All things were created through Him, and apart from Him not one thing was created that has been created. Joh 1:4 In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. Joh 1:5 That light shines in the darkness, yet the darkness did not overcome it. Joh 1:6 There was a man named John who was sent from God. Joh 1:7 He came as a witness to testify about the light, so that all might believe through him. Joh 1:8 He was not the light, but he came to testify about the light. Joh 1:9 The true light, who gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was created through Him, yet the world did not know Him.

From watchtower.org NWT:

1 In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god. 2 This one was in [the] beginning with God. 3 All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence. What has come into existence 4 by means of him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light is shining in the darkness, but the darkness has not overpowered it. 6 There arose a man that was sent forth as a representative of God: his name was John. 7 This [man] came for a witness, in order to bear witness about the light, that people of all sorts might believe through him. 8 He was not that light, but he was meant to bear witness about that light. 9 The true light that gives light to every sort of man was about to come into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world came into existence through him, but the world did not know him.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

gloobster

Wow! I'm sorry. Someone has tampered with the file or something.

Here is how mine reads

Joh 1:1

In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.

Joh 1:2

This one was in [the] beginning with God.

Joh 1:3

All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even oone thing came into existence. What has come into existence

Joh 1:4

by means of him was life, and the life was the light of men.

Joh 1:5

And the light is shining in the darkness, but the darkness has not overpowered it.

Joh 1:6

There arose a man that was sent forth as a representative of God: his name was John.

Joh 1:7

This [man] came for a witness, in order to bear witness about the light, that people of all sorts might believe through him.

Joh 1:8

He was not that light, but he was meant to bear witness about that light.

Joh 1:9

The true light that gives light to every sort of man was about to come into the world.

Joh 1:10

He was in the world, and the world came into existence through him, but the world did not know him.

I'll keep looking.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Is this any better?

http://www.esnips.com/doc/5ad98b24-0e4c-41dc-9e5e-5d45e82eeb0f/NWT

If that doesn't work try asking e-sword at: [email protected] they were very helpful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit