What is YOUR bible of choice?

by gloobster 42 Replies latest jw friends

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

I like the New Jerusalem Bible. I find its written in a very easy to read English and its very close to the real original writings except it has a few extra books and chapters which are not considered part of the Bible, so i ignore them. It also use's the name "Yahweh".

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

One with very thin pages so I can use it for rolling papers.

• White Dove
    White Dove

The Wiccan Rede has all that I need to make competent decisions in my life and to inspire me.

Actually, inspiration comes from within.

I find the Bible way too repetitive. There are too many "and"s in sentences and too many run-ons.

It seems to be more of an editor's nightmare for grammar, punctuation, and consistency of facts.

The stories, however, could be anazyzed quite well as fine literature. It has very good poetry in it.

It also has good advice scattered throughout, if you skip all of the "stone thy neighbor and then burn the body" messages.

• beksbks
    beksbks

The Barbecue! Bible

• White Dove
    White Dove

I agree that most of the stories were written in a way that seem to put them right next to God.

It's not up to date no matter how many modern sayings take place of the old ones.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

There is also a 'Beer Bible".

• beksbks
    beksbks

Quirkmeister we make a great team.

• DJK
    DJK

If it's free I'll take it.

Actually I don't like anything with words like thou, thine, thee and shalt.

• kwr
    kwr

I prefer the New International Version study bible. It is easy to read and the notes are great.

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

New Living Translation, Reads very easily...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit