Loss of hope

by Newborn 13 Replies latest jw friends

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

You just need to refocus your mentality on not living for a future life, to enjoying this one!

I've difficulties reconciling with the fact of growing old

What's the alternative to growing old?? Being dead! I'll take growing old anyday. There is an upside to growing old, you dont' give a crap anymore what people think of you, you say what's on your mind with no regrets, you get to laugh your head off with your other "old" friends over how stupid those young people who think they are so smart, really are...you finally can have perfect teeth and you can be a pervert and people think its "cute".

• dinah
    dinah

When you tell a child that God will kill them if they can't be perfect doesn't that kill hope? What were we hoping for? Jehovah to kill almost everybody we came into daily contact with? Was I supposed to hope that my kids at school would be eaten by birds?

Hope is just something you don't make happen.

It's a long road out there. You'll go through alot of questioning. Stick to what you really believe is truth (and not what you were taught). Things will go better for you.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    I've difficulties reconciling with the fact of growing old etc. and not knowing what will happen...

Blind faith is so comforting until it is crushed by the hard cold truth of reality.

I felt panic when I realized that the 'Truth' was a lie. Then I realized that all non-witnesses had come to terms with thoughts of their eventual death. Some still have faith and find comfort in the believe of some sort of afterlife. I find I'm more content just letting happen what will happen. I'm also trying to get busy getting the most out of my life that I can as I feel that I have squandered some opportunities thinking I was bringing glory to god.

Most of us have felt what you are feeling. This part is not pleasant but it does get better.

-Aude.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

I was devastated when I realised I would grow old and die some day and especially when you have children, it's unbearable to think of dying and leaving them behind and to not see them live out their lives but I have kind of accepted it and try and look at life now as though we've won the lottery by just being here - I think of the statistics of conception - one in a billion chance (or whatever the real statistic is) and know that I shouldn't really be here at all (that and a car accident that should've killed me). So every day is a bonus/miracle to be grateful to the Universe for (wish there was someone out there for definite I could thank :-( ).

Live life to the full and make the world a better place. Be happy and make those around you feel like a million dollars.

Cliches I know but they are there for a reason.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit