Loss of hope

by Newborn 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Newborn
    Newborn

How do you deal with the fact that you no longer have the hope as JW does?

I've difficulties reconciling with the fact of growing old etc. and not knowing what will happen...

Thanks

/Newborn

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

It subsides after a while, and you realise that the hope was artificial.

Focus on the life you have now and do the best with it you can. Not wishing to sound negative, but, we may never be here again…….

Although don’t stop hoping or searching, if it means that much to you. There are no definite answers…..

What is so bad about sleeping forever anyway? Beats getting up for work in the morning……!!

• megs
    megs

Hi, I've never been a JW, but because you're leaving them doesn't mean an end to hope... If you still believe in God, then there is still hope for eternal life, see Isaiah 46:3-4... Now the aging thing... No way around that, it sucks

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

If you choose to have a spiritual side

Might I recommend some reading material.

Order "In Search of Christian freedom"

by Ray Franz, former JW Governing Body Member.

Additionally, read "Crisis of Conscience".

In my view and contrary to JW teachings, being a Christian is

not something that requires any type of religious affiliation.

What it does require us to do though

is to think.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

It wasn't a real hope if it was under threat of being taken away at any moment. It was more a fear of not measuring up, like a child who "hopes" to get an ice cream cone if he's good, but who has little confidence in being able to measure up, due to his over-bearing parents.

• yknot
    yknot

Well you technically you can choose to believe in a paradise resurrection for all......the Bible Students still do.

You just basically have to decide what you believe. Try reading the Bible without WT study aids.

Some become atheist, agnostic and other stay Christian or gravitate to another belief system.

I am a Christian.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I have the hope to get old and die. Where's the no hope in that? Live, eat, die! It's called reality.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Better to lose the false hope and the real burden that comes with it. True, we do not have the hope of living forever on Earth, unless science is able to pull it off (and our leaders at the FDA stay out of their way). But we do not have the burden of "murdering" someone by not going faster in field circus, or of living up to impossible standards.

• oompa
    oompa

ya....i hate it....really.....loss of hope is also a loss of purpose in life....i thought we had it all figured out caused was raised that way....now i have no clue!!!......and in reality no one else does either....the dead just aint talkin............oompa

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Use it to motivate you to do something you have always wanted to do instead of reflecting on what you no longer have.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit