My Marriage just ended I feel so sick and stressed please help me. Serious.

by Witness 007 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

My wife and I split from the Witnesses about 2 years now....and now she says we need a divorce ASAP! She doesn't want to work thru it. Lately and for awhile she has been amazingly aggressive to me.....and pretty much everyone else she knows. She injured her back at work 5 months ago and since then has been more angry then normal....she is very up-tight anyhow, but I try to deal with it. I have afew weeks to get my affiars in order. I know it's for the best but she is my first love and it's killing me inside. I feel so much anxiety, yesterday I thought I would collapse. I feel so ill. How do you get over this guys? HELP ME. I have love for her but know it's not going to workout...no way. I FEEL TORN IN HALF. I hope I can make it thru this without dying. I'm so weak, I feel like a little boy lost. I wish I could stop pacing the house and just get over it and be a man.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I do not your situation but by breifly reading what you just wrote it sounds pretty much over. I've been here in your situation even tho we haven't divorced but was on the brink of it. It may help to leave for a day or two and collect your thoughts. I would definitely seek couseling.

My heart goes out to ya bro'.

• snowbird
    snowbird

No words of advice, but here's a (((((((W07))))))).

May you find peace and courage.

Sylvia

• JK666
    JK666

Being bifurcated is a bitch. I will PM you if you want to talk one-on-one.

You will survive this, even if you do not want to right now.

JK

• yknot
    yknot
    I feel so much anxiety, yesterday I thought I would collapse. I feel so ill. How do you get over this guys? HELP ME. I have love for her but know it's not going to workout...no way. I FEEL TORN IN HALF. I hope I can make it thru this without dying. I'm so weak, I feel like a little boy lost. I wish I could stop pacing the house and just get over it and be a man.

.......have yall tried a marriage therapist......is her injury acting as an accelerant......

If you choose to proceed with the divorce

Cry....grieve...sob

Engage a therapist, consider a short course of anti-anxiety medication while learning new coping skills.

Start making plans for life after the marriage......

Accept you did what you thought was right.....losing your first love hurts but isn't the end of the world, just this particular chapter in your life.

...HUGS....

• DJK
    DJK

Been thru it twice. The feeling (I know it well) will last for a while, whether it be long or short you will make it. It just takes time. Hang in there.

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

Hey friend, I know where you are. I went through a divorce myself. Even if both parties agree and want a divorce there is still a massive sense of failure. It's horrible at the moment but hang in there. It WILL get better, you'll learn to cope with all the emotions and worrys coming at you. Is there anyone who can give you support?

Regards

David.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

When my marriage broke up I went to a counselor for advice. She referred me to several support groups for people in similar situations. Unfortunately, I didn't contact the support groups but withdrew inwardly instead. I think that I'd have had more success in dealing with it if I'd followed her advice.

Another mistake I made was drinking too much as well as spending money like there's no tomorrow. Don't try to alleviate depression by engaging in self destructive behaviour. It makes it so much worse.

I'd suggest finding a good lawyer too.

Sorry this is happening to you, but you're still young. Never forget you can still have a great future.

W

• wings
    wings

Strange to me, even though we prepare for these situations, we still get plowed under when it happens. Just know you are not alone, you will survive. This is a good time to reach out to your friends, or to friends yet to be.

wings

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I am not very good at words, but please know that there are many here including myself that are thinking of you. It is very hard when a relationship ends, and I hope you find the strength to work through this. Have you called your Doctor? I know that meds. aren't always the answer, but there are times when antidepressants can help a person through very difficult times. They work for me. Your Doctor could give you some insights as to what is best for you. Therapy can also help, just being able to talk to someone can work wonders. It will be a long road to recovery, but you WILL eventually start healing. Maybe try PM'ing Lady Lee, I really respect her, and I am sure she can give you some ideas for coping mechanisms.

Here is a big hug for you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit