What's the most ridiculous thing that was ever said to you personally?

by iamthewolf5562 29 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

ummm, that it would only hurt for a second?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I've been told so many ridiculous things it's hard to decide which is the most stupid.

• I should stop biting my fingernails because it's "demonic" to be enslaved to any habit.
    • I should get rid of my tinted prescription glasses, because I shouldn't be trying to look "cool" out in field service.
    • Having a sleep disorder was no excuse for coming to meetings with bloodshot eyes.
    • Jehovah might create a new type of insect to eat all the concrete in the cities after armageddon. That would save his people a lot of work.
    • "Can you fix my computer?" says the PO, a week after having all my privileges removed for taking a computer course. (naturally, I took a strip off him in front of others)

I can think of more but my blood pressure's going up.

W

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"You think too much." - Presiding Overseer

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

This has nothing to do with religion....at least I don't think so. I was a city council person for a couple of years a while back. We were trying to clean up the old junker cars in town according to the city ordinance. One lady owned a ranch just outside of town about five miles out. She also owned a property, a corner lot on main street in town. She and her dad owned about 10 old cars and trucks that were junk and keeping them on this corner lot. She came to the council meeting to protest having to clean up the mess. The Mayor ask her if she could just have them towed to her ranch....she said: "Why would we do that? we don't want to junk up the ranch!"

• DJPoetech
    DJPoetech

"The recent changes means that the end is right around the corner."

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

When I told one of best friends we were leaving due to issues like the child abuse policy, UN Association, Deception of 607bce - she told me -

"you've jumped off a cliff into the arms of Satan, you have died to me and I am grieving you"

I knew then something was terribly wrong with the organisation I had belonged to. This cult personality that I had never experienced before not only upset me but scared me - it was the nail in the coffin confirming the best thing to do was to leave - if only she knew.

• White Dove
    White Dove

It happened when I was in the back room asking the brothers for a little support in training my kids at the doors since I could not do it due to obvious reasons that most of you know about.

I was told by the head puke: "You aren't doing anything! You have to step up and be a parent and take the responsibility yourself or your kids aren't going to stay in the truth."

@$$hole.

• John Doe
    John Doe

"Give me my change back."

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Someone once told me I wasn't the best looking person in the room.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Someone said that Keyser has a big phallus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit