What's the most ridiculous thing that was ever said to you personally?

by iamthewolf5562 29 Replies latest jw friends

• iamthewolf5562
    iamthewolf5562

Were you told that you werent "spiritually mature"? You were "acting worldly"? You need to "rethink your association"?

Whats the dumbest thing that someone ever said to you? Religious or not, what they said was so unbelievably dumb, you wanted to roll up a 20lb newspaper, that happened to be bound in leather somehow, and just beat the person with it, and tell them "NO! NO! very bad boy! no treats for you!"

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

"Be a better wife, and wait on Jehovah. Eventually your husband will stop beating you."

• loosie
    loosie

"Jehovah stopped personally talking to his people because we hurt his feelings."

I think god should have built a bridge and get over it.

• Priest73
    Priest73

Silliest thing ever said to me?

"I Do." -Ex Mrs. Priest

• Mandette
    Mandette

I had an elder tell me that that I should go to a doctor to prove to my parents that I was still a virgin. I was 18-19 at the time. I had no boyfriend or even a rumor of one. I had started some medical classes in college(evil me) and was able to tell this ignorant arrogant pompous ass that you can't PROVE that type of thing.

About 8 yrs later I found out that Elder Pompous Ass had a huge honking notorious AFFAIR with a girl young enough to be his daughter.

Sometimes you get to see someone actually get "theirs"!

Mandette

• Satanus
    Satanus

The whole truth of the bible is in a nutshell.

S

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    What's the most ridiculous thing that was ever said to you personally?

I should have written all of those things in a notebook over the years. If I could remember em all we write a book the size of "War and Peace".

After being aloft at 50 foot using linemans climbers working near 13,000 volts... customer comes out of the house ...looks up and says, "that looks dangerous..."

~J

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

iamthewolf5562

There is an Elder that has been after me for many years to go out in service,have a Bible Study,and attend more meetings to no avail. I know he doesn't like me and that's fine with me.

Often,he walks past me pretending he doesn't see me. One time, I was talking to my mom at the hall and he walks over. Here is the exact conversation FROM THE CONDESCENDING ELDER:

Elder : ''Mrs. ___'',''you seem to be doing better than your son.''

Mom: " Oh,no brother ____'' I have too many health problems to be doing better than my son."

Elder : '' I wasn't talking about health."

• redredrose
    redredrose

When I was a teenager I left the truth for a few years, but later came back.

After I had come back and married a ministerial servant the Congregation Overseer (this was a long time ago)who had given me such a hard time before I left said to my parents an assembly that "You probably think I was too hard on *** but just think, if I hadn't been she would probably still be out in the world"!

To think of the arrogance of that man still burns me up!

• donny
    donny

That doing "doggy style" meant that I had a hidden desire to be gay.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit