Misquotes from the "Reasoning Book" re: Cross (scans included)

by AlphaOmega 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• still_in74
    still_in74
    Live With Jehovah's Day in Mind-p.115 Or in an uncomfortable situation, we might be tempted to mention only selected details, editing them to color the facts. Hence, what we say might technically be true yet give a totally different impression. While this may not be flagrant lying, such as is common in the world today, is it really ‘speaking truth each one with his neighbor,’ or brother? (Ephesians 4:15, 25; 1 Timothy 4:1, 2) When a Christian phrases things in such a way that he inwardly knows is leading brothers to a wrong conclusion, to believe something that is really not true, not accurate, how do you think God feels?

V - Watchtower comments is going to have a field day on this one! - kind of reminds us of the irish catholics article doesnt it???

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Thanks Alpha.

Good work. I always appreciate these factual nuggets of real truth.

You never know what will spark a mind to its awakening. We need different forms of light to brighten the darkened minds of our JW friends.

Thanks again.

The Oracle

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

These fuckers. I hate them with a passion. No wonder they were so terrified by Watchtower Quotes.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I know this. But it still punches me in the gut when I see it again and again.

I've always been appalled at the arrogance at which they think they can manipulate other's work in support of their own.

Orr...are they ignorant, non-educated publishers?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Not only are they arrogant, but misquotes like this truly show the disdain with which they view the rank and file, as if they're too stupid and lazy to do their own research.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle
    Not only are they arrogant, but misquotes like this truly show the disdain with which they view the rank and file, as if they're too stupid and lazy to do their own research.

very true Daniel P, very true...

The Oracle

• New light for you
    New light for you

Am i the only one who read the part that said that what they often did for punishment was they "ran a pole thru his back and spine and came out his mouth" !?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

HOLY CRAP!

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I never really gave much thought as to how Jesus was executed and generally thought that if you were a Christian, it didn't matter how he died but why. And, given that I was raised a JW, I'm sure I got that idea from the WT. So, why on earth would they dishonestly quote from a source? It seems clear to me once again that they are only interested in attempting to defend their position regardless of the means. And, they want to paint the rest of Christianity as being the anti-Christ. I'm not sure why this pissed me off so badly, but it does. Arrogance and a feeling that no one would ever catch them. If you are teaching "truth" you DON'T mislead. God, at this point I would be shocked if they actually truthfully quoted anyone. Every time I think I've seen it all, a new one pops up. Thanks for the information!

• choosing life
    choosing life

They apparently have no shame in the way they misquote other literature. I am still amazed each time I read of another instance of blatant misrepresentation.

Thanks for the scan. cl

• marsal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit