Misquotes from the "Reasoning Book" re: Cross (scans included)

by AlphaOmega 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• almostbitten
    almostbitten

Isn't this yet another case of the WTS just trying to come up with a way to diffrientiate themselves from mainstream Christianity? In other words, if everyone is going down path A, let's deliberately go down path B just to say we're different, not because we're convienced that it's the right way. And because we're different, then we must be God's true organization.

At least that's the way it looks to me.

• XxJazzxX
    XxJazzxX

They can talk about Pagen Symbols and Translations all they want. However, it doesn't change the HISTORICAL fact that the Romans crucified Jesus.

Thats definantly one of the reasons why I can't convert to a JW: You have to ignore history.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Live With Jehovah's Day in Mind-p.115 Or in an uncomfortable situation, we might be tempted to mention only selected details, editing them to color the facts. Hence, what we say might technically be true yet give a totally different impression. While this may not be flagrant lying, such as is common in the world today, is it really ‘speaking truth each one with his neighbor,’ or brother? (Ephesians 4:15, 25; 1 Timothy 4:1, 2) When a Christian phrases things in such a way that he inwardly knows is leading brothers to a wrong conclusion, to believe something that is really not true, not accurate, how do you think God feels? http://imgurl.filetac.com/img/71510780.jpg N.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The Watchtower writer should be ashamed.

Misquotations in the literature was one of the first things that made me doubt the "truth".

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

My scan above was not very good, so here is another one a bit larger and darker. Live With Jehovah's Day in Mind-p.115 http://imgurl.filetac.com/img/71520140.jpg N.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Nice one. I love misquotes. So blatantly evil.

• ninja
    ninja

alphy....great to hear from you mate......yer mate....da ninja.....with the (.......'s) he...he

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

this is great. one more thing to save on my computer to add to my growing collection of proof against the witnesses. awhahahaha........

burning

• carla
    carla

Thanks for the scans.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'm bookmarking this one. Thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit