Misquotes from the "Reasoning Book" re: Cross (scans included)

by AlphaOmega 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

The quote from Living With Jehovah's Day In Mind is the quote I was referencing. However, there is more starting in paragraph 10 and on to page 116. (The scan ended with paragraph 9.)

Starting at paragraph 10, "The prophets realized that even men and women dedicated to Jehovah at times ignore what he wants from them. Hosea expressed God's feelings about some in his day: "Despoiling to them, for they have transgressed against me! And I myself proceeded to redeem them, but they themselves have spoken lies even against me." Beyond telling direct and undeniable lies against Jehovah, some gave in to "the pronouncing of curses and practicing deception," perhaps distorting facts so as to mislead others. (Hosea 4:1, 2; 7:3, 13; 10:4, 12:1) Hosea wrote those words in Samaria, the northern kingdom. Were things better in Judah? Micha tells us: "Her own rich men have become full of violence, and her own inhabitants have spoken falsehoods, and their tongue is tricky in their mouth." (Micah 6:12) It is good that we be aware of how those prophets condemned the "practicing of deception" and those whose "tongue is tricky in their mouth." Thus even Christians, who would certainly not tell deliberate lies, can ask: "Might I a times practice deception or have a tricky tongue in my mouth? What does God desire of me in this respect?"

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Amazing that they resort to such misrepresentation to attempt to prove something that isn't that important to begin with. Why do they try so hard to show that the cross is pagan? I've never understood it.

• carla
    carla

bookmarking and worth a bttt

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

This is an excellent post and clear and indisputable evidence that the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is a lying cult, forming the religion to meet their own exclusive ideas about God. I really wish I could show this to people without their trained minds screaming apostate!

You just can't convice people to look at things like this with a rational mind. That, to me, is the most frustrating part. My hardcore JW wife would completely ignore this and say that it is an attempt to undermine the authority of the FDS, even though this is clear cut proof that the FDS took these quotes way out of context to prove their own point.

It makes me so angry.

er

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Most people mis-qoute to prove a point the Society are experts at this. Why would the brainwashed robot Witness check any qoute if it's not fully in the Watchtower? Worldly religious books are evil!

• undercover
    undercover

Thanks for the scans...

Good work!

• startingover
    startingover

Thanks for the post.

• still_in74
    still_in74
    Isn't this yet another case of the WTS just trying to come up with a way to diffrientiate themselves from mainstream Christianity? In other words, if everyone is going down path A, let's deliberately go down path B just to say we're different, not because we're convienced that it's the right way. And because we're different, then we must be God's true organization.

EXACTLY - this was Rutherfords mantra - whatever governement, religion, science says - I will say something else! You threw me in jail??? Then F--K YOU!

Christians are idiots and I will belittle their most precious symbol. Science thinks their so smart? Smarter than Gods channel? Well no vaccines or aluminum for JW's - were smarter!!! And you Mr. Government? You want to tell me what to do? Then no more voting for you! You are going to be destroyed and my conventions are a fulfillment of Revelation as to how Jehovah will destroy you!

• Will Power
    Will Power

THANKS for posting the scans.

This is what is called good ammunition. They are their own worst enemy.

Whether Jesus died on a cross or a stake "who cares!" The fact that the WT delibertly misleads, misquotes and lies - THAT IS WHAT IS IMPORTANT.

and there are so many other places where this is true - creation book, trinity brochure just to name a couple.

They give everyone's idea of GOD a bad name. What kind of god has to trick & lie to people?

wp

• knock knock
    knock knock

Very nice work! It's this sort of thing that is apparently very common with the WT. I'd like to get a list together to show that it isn't some little oversight but rather their usual way of working. That video with the woman talking about child abuse that the WT edited in a similar way as this topic. So many others. Anyways, thanks for the info!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit