Was There Any WT. Teaching That You Never Agreed With From The Start?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I never bought that the end was coming in 1975. I saw that in print the WTS was covering both sides of the question. I resisted all the pressure to believe that 1975 was the end. I realized that the bible said it would come at a time you did not think it to be. Why didn't I leave in 1976....just stupid I guess. When I found out about 1925, I started to see a pattern. The end of the 1914 generation in 1995 made me start backing off and leaving a few years later.

• gymbob
    gymbob

I always believed it was wrong and disrespectful to sit during the playing of the national anthem......

• Satanus
    Satanus

I was never sucked into the 1975 thing, iether. I did think that it would come before the end of the century, though.

I could never accept the no premarital sex law. I mean, how can you know that you wanna spend forever w someone, if you don't try out some things? I remember the wt condemning 'trial marriages', as they called them. Thoes things seemed like a good idea to me. 'Course, i never tried one, or did anything, really.

S

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

You cant applaudn when someone is reinstated

• donny
    donny

I also hated the fact that you could clap when someone gave their first talk in the ministry school, but never after that. That was so stupid!!!!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

When the Society published an article that said rap music was wrong, I knew there was absolutely no Biblical support for such a blanket condemnation of a musical style. However, I didn't really get upset about it, because I was not a fan of rap music. The issue did trouble me, however. It was a blatant man-made rule, with no regard for a person's conscience.

• Quentin
    Quentin

In 1966 the wt used TV to promote the assimblies for that year. It was a 1/2 hour program. I never understood why, since the wts had owned a radio station at one time, they did not continue to use TV. The closer to 1975 the more I wondered why, so many could be reached and saved by way of TV and raido. Made no sense to me.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

When I was a JW, I believed there was no hell, no trinity, I believed in the new system.

I disagreed with just about everything else including the no -college, no teenage dating, no Christmas, no birthdays, etc etc etc.

Eventually I came to disagree with everything they taught, but this wan't until after I discovered the real truth about "The Truth"

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I always had a problem with God getting upset and destroying people and things.

But thats not just a Wactower teaching thats the bible.

It always seemed to me if God made somebody perfect that they wouldnt sin.

But no, he had to include a fatal flaw, that was genetically passed down to everybody throughout history.

• purpleplus
    purpleplus

All rap music is bad. Confess to the elders. Bedroom laws.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit