Was There Any WT. Teaching That You Never Agreed With From The Start?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Did you accept EVERYTHING the "Slave" said?

• White Dove
    White Dove

Birthday celebrations are bad. I never in my whole life bought the explanation of because a couple of heads rolled, that made them bad.

I always thought that murder made the person bad, not made the day bad.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Wasn't one of the "murders" an execution by a higher authority, pharoah?

He was legally and godly in his rights to have that bakers head cut off. No details about it are given.

Is there a scripture that says this happened at pharoah's birthday party? I never ran into it before.

• Jringe01
    Jringe01

Living forever...that's always struck me as odd. Although "the meek" as a group will inherit and live forever upon the earth there is actually no direct evidence, only supposition that individuals will. Plus, the very concept freaks me out

• R.F.
    R.F.

Confession to elders. I just could never come to believe they way the GB taught that the only way to restore your relationship with Jehovah after you sinned was to tell it all to a group of men. It was one of those things that I put on the backburner and "wait on Jehovah" to fix in due time.

• donny
    donny

Like Whitedove, I never bought in to the birthday rule. I also did not accept the blood transfusion logic or the Michael the Archangel is Jesus.

• minimus
    minimus

The entire Revelation Climax book.

• arwen
    arwen

Blood transfusions, Holidays that included family being together. Shunning, Remaining married to partners that abused you physically, mentally, and verbally. Going to meetings sick. Obeying the elders at all costs.. it just goes on and on...

• minimus
    minimus

I believe that the WT. should never try to legislate what goes on in the bedroom. Nobody's business.

• Terry
    Terry

Just about everybody here on JWD is too young to know what I'm about to mention. But, here it is anyway.

I came in to the Society in 1959 or thereabouts.

The (so-called) literature was filled with TYPICAL and ANTI-TYPICAL fulfillments of just about everything. And, guess what? The Anti-typical fulfillments of scripture ALWAYS applied to some silly thing Jehovah's Witnesses did in their past.

What is a typical fulfillment? That's were a prophetic utterance is made and Israel undergoes the enactment of it.

What is an anti-typical fulfillment? That's the juicy part where modern day JW's pass a resolution at an assembly and it means something dramatic and prophetic and is what JEHOVAH REALLY MEANT.

The silliest one of these applied the Cedar Points Ohio assembly resolutions to Revelation thirteen and the pouring out of the bowls or plagues on Christendom.

Silly silly silly.

What happened to these foreshadows and anti-typical what-nots?

They just suddenly went away like they'd never been important at all!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit