new

by Mandette 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Mandette
    Mandette

Uh Ninja?

I have a Wallace and a tartan in my past....so I think I come by the cheekiness naturally...giggle.

Thanks all for the warm welcome....I plan to be around......It's so helpful to me to talk to you all!!!!

And one more thing Ninja? I have LOTS of cheekiness..I'm just playing reserved now..

Mandette

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

PS. I can definitely UNDERSTAND and empathize with those in this forum that do have hatred. Many many lives have been torn apart by some of those horrific teachings(disfellowshipping etc)

Mandette, Even tho there are those who have or feel they have been abused of the WBTS doctrine it still doesn't help to convey those same feelings on this board. I no longer wish to practice or put into place anything that may have been absorbed from their teachings. I thought when I found this board that I found others who possibly felt the same way. I am particularly speaking of cliques and shunning, one way conversations, acknowledging ones post but overlooking anothers or completely ignoring a members post (shunning?). Even when one asks a question there is no response. This leaves some feeling completely left out of the conversation. Some are very like selective or on deaf ears. There are ony a handful of members here that will acknowledge most if not all posts.

I've just recently noticed this in the last couple of months, here you are either in or your an outcast.. And, there are more than a few outcasts here

• Mandette
    Mandette

Quirky,

I understand....I try not take anything personal when it comes to email or posts cause it's impossible to know another's attitudes. We can't see gestures, expressions etc. I've not been on here as a member long so I can't make an educated opinion.

So I am acknowledging you! I've been thrilled to get all the replies to my initial post in here. And I didn't acknowledge every one of them BUT I so appreciate the other's replies. And If you specifically ask me something I will reply!!! I try to have manners!

Mandette

• White Dove
    White Dove

Wow! That really happens here? I chalk it up to having different interests and personality traits.

I might have missed it, but I don't detect much favoritism here that is harmful.

I like it here and don't consider myself one of the popular ones because what I write only interests a few and not every single person here. I'm just not that interesting that everyone feels compelled to respond.

If I were to spend time responding to every single post on this board, I'd have no life.

Pollyanna doesn't live here, so it's a good idea to have a little bit of a tough skin on this board, but do enjoy it. People are very nice for the most part.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

The reason behind my "Kiss my Ass" avitar is because of some attitudes on a freakin' board.

Sheesh!

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

I hear you Mandette!!!! You have said many things that I too feel. The fear never leaves you completely after living in that cult. I too still feel like a social misfit.

Welcome and hope to hear more about you and your life.

Velvet

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oh yeah, I'm a social misfit alright! I miss read people all the time (or I read them right and they deny it).

It may be just how I feel with others and getting to know "worldly" people for the first time.

I'm still pleasantly suprised at how nice and normal they are. They aren't freaks at all!

I'm still overcoming that fear of them, though. I don't feel like I want to associate with JW at all, so I'm stuck in the middle and venturing into unknown territory (the "world").

It's a great adventure getting to know others.

• Mandette
    Mandette

Velvet

Awesome to meet you!!! That misfit thing just totally describes it. I do holidays with my psuedo family. And I attend holiday parties. But for some reason even though they are tons of fun sometimes I still feel that niggle of misfitedness(is that a word?).

I've even had well meaning friends tell me that it's because of the JW's that I am socially uneducated.

I don't totally subscribe to that but I don't totally discount it either.

Mandette<<<<growth in progress

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I still have that gut wrenching knot come up some especially when we have huge events in the world(9/11 etc). So I have to keep telling myself that IF the end comes there's nothing I can do about it....I can't control it.....I can only hope for the best.....

Welcome to JWD, (sorry, but I don't know how to change the font color). I've been out for 20 years, and when I discovered that three planes were involved in 911, I had a fleeting thought that maybe it was Armageddon. And then my sweet husband said, "It doesn't matter whether it's Armageddon or not, because if we're going down, we're going down together!" And he was right. I'd rather die a free woman than a Watchtower slave.

• Mandette
    Mandette

Amen Jamie!!

Wonderful way to put it.....die free not a WTS slave!!!!!!!

Mandette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit