new

by Mandette 23 Replies latest jw friends

• dawg
    dawg

Look folks, Armageddon is BS... a tool to keep folks in line... No loving God would kill you because you got dogma wrong, from a book as ridiculous as the Bible.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Hi Mandette -

Welcome to JWD!! I'm glad you found us. I think you will really like it here in our little corner of the internet.

You wrote: And I attend holiday parties. But for some reason even though they are tons of fun sometimes I still feel that niggle of misfitedness

I think part of the misfittedness is that most other participants are tapping into their life history of past Christmas Celebrations. Those of us who grew up with JW indoctrination don't have the fun and carefree memories of prior holidays - to say nothing of carefree childhood even.

For me, holidays were times of exclusion and rejection. So now, in my 40's, as I try to create new traditions for myself, I have alot of trouble tapping into the innocent sense of wonderment. Also, I have no young children in my life so I can't even try to look through their eyes.

I do have a friend with 3 young chilren so that helps a little. The friend is also an ex-jw so she goes a little overboard in the celebration department.

Welcome again!! I look forward to your future posts.

-Aude Sapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding; Dare to Think for Yourself)

• Mandette
    Mandette

Aude

Thank you for your kind welcome......

And that's exactly it...I was a "born-in" so I never had a tree, b-day cake or anything until I was well into my 30's. Sad isn't it? And just what are they proving?

Mandette

• horrible life
    horrible life
    Even at my age they still have an effect on me. I HATE that. I wish I could be done with it completely. That religion has made me feel like a social misfit. I never learned to date. I trusted too much. All the things we're supposed to learn and do as teens never happened. I would say I still have a lot of resentment. I want to let that go. Being on here is a great help.

Welcome again Mandette!! My 16 year old daughter (only child) has never been to a kingdom hall, but she knows alot of the lingo. She watches 2 JW kids at school, younger than her, and sees that they are misfits. She knows it just isn't right, and feels bad that I was brought us that way. LOL She is very grateful that she hasn't been subjected to it.

I still have the thoughts and feelings as you do though. Like when I buy a Christmas ornament, or when I see or hear something, I think "Oh no" that isn't right!

I napped for an hour and half this afternoon, and I was up cleaning and organizing again. My husband can't understand how I am still going. (I am wondering myself)

Right now I am going 64 hours with 7.5 hours sleep. My house smells great!! And I am finding all sorts of things that need to be done. I now find the need to re-caulk some places on my kitchen counter. Sending child to WalMart tomorrow to buy some. Steriods are great, but with all of my hard physical labor, I can feel the weight creeping on already!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit