The Orgasmic Year

by JK666 25 Replies latest jw friends

• JK666
    JK666

Hi,

I just thought of that as a title as I reviewed a post of mine from about a year ago.

At that point, I had less then 200 posts. I was going through quite a lot of turmoil in my private life, and received a lot of help and support from members of this forum. 4400 posts in a years time is probably a bit excessive, but it was what I needed at the time. I have tended to run to extremes in my life, and that is one of them. Fortunately, I had the time and really needed it, for diversion, as well as for serious issues.

I have laid bare my foibles on this forum, and some have used this to try to humiliate me. I wouldn't recommend any newbies doing this, because some posters are liable to use it against them in the future. I still do not regret it, because of the level of support that I received from people that have became extra close to me. It took me a long time to discover PM's. In the early days of the orgasmic year, I never even looked up in the corner to see if I had any messages!

Through messaging, I have talked to many wonderful and supportive people. That is when I discovered that you could actually exchange phone numbers and talk to other members on the phone. Thank God (or whoever) for free long distance! The conversations were great, and very needed at the time. Many lifelong friendships have been built. There are too many to name!

Of course, there were a few jerks. At least they were a minority! Let's just say I had a few thoughts of who to mention on John Doe's thread, but elected to pass.

So now I am another year older, and hopefully wiser. I feel that my interest in posting regularly is waning. I think I will spend a lot more time doing other things, instead of monitoring JWD as much as I have. As it is, I spend far more time on PM's and phone calls than posting. I will still post occasionally, but at nowhere near the prolific rate of the past year.

This is not a goodbye thread, just a see you less often thread. I will still try to monitor my PM's. My wish is that everyone gets the support that I have here, that is looking for it. PM me if you ever want, or need to talk.

JK

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    4400 posts in a years time is probably a bit excessive,

Ummmm, then what should I say about myself? I still got to call you yet, perhaps tomorrow...actually getting a life going out with a friend that

I ran into at the mall ex-jw.....close to my age and I am so looking forward to it. I'll tell you all about it.....

You know Jk you've been very open and honest about your life and that is truly and ecouragement to others to see you progress as you have.

I will always wish you the best, you do have many good friends looking out for you.

Cheers,

hope4others

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I love ya, JK666.

Don't let the weasels rip yer flesh. And don't get too scarce, ya hear?

Love...
    Baba.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Hey JK. It's only humiliating if you let it humiliate you. Some people get off on that.

Cheers bro.

BTS

• JK666
    JK666

Just a few responses,

H4O,

I didn't mean to cast aspersions on your posting habits! I was just commenting on my own. I would love to have you call me sometime, let me know how your meeting went. You have my number!

Baba,

The "weasels" haven't ripped my flesh yet, other than a few scratches! Thank you for your continued support, I find you one of my most cherished posters. Don't worry, I will still be here, just not to the degree as previously.

Burns,

I am with you on that! I feel that they humiliate themselves by attacking! I am much more concerned for those more vulnerable that are attacked. I can be a "pit bull" when others are being lashed out against. I have been a victim of abuse, and have a pretty thick skin. Those who do not need protection. Please keep n00bs in mind and protect them.

Peace out (quoting my twin brother),

JK

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

((((((JK))))))

I can never thank you enough for the listening ear you gave me several time, even when you were dealing with your own problems. You have my number and can call anytime. I hope we can get together again sometime.

BB

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Well it sure *has* been a year for you!

I'm delighted to be among the ones you've met! Look forward to seeing you the next time you are SoCal.

Hugs,

-Denise.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Real life is more interesting than this shite.

Re-hashing this stuff gets very boring after a while. So many leave and we never hear from them again - because they've moved on. And this will happen to everyone.

Take care, if I never hear from you again. Maybe we can meet at an apostafest or something in the future. You sound like an interesting person! Don't let insensitive internet comments get you down for one second! We're all guilty of it at some point. If you're still feeling mad, then call me a poopie-head. I don't care.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Glad to hear your headed in the right direction.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Hey JK

I am coming up for a year on this site, and have just recently made 1000 posts... mostly it was nonsense, some of it was ranting, some of it was serious. Sometimes this site gives me what I need, sometimes it irritates me and feeds my insecurities.

Whatever you need, may you get it!

Love

PDB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit