How many youths left the WTS in the mid to late 90's?

by Greensleeves 34 Replies latest jw friends

• amicus
    amicus

I understand, because I saw "your" generation.

I didn't last long as I was expecting "Jehovahs Organzation to move towards perfection".

Gag.

I'm not faulting anyone that came after us, I'm glad some of you folks knew it was a sham...it helped my niave ass to flee.

Free raft trips and margaritas to any of the 90s folk that helped me finally rid myself of this nonsense.

Bar-B-Que afterwards in my home close to the river.

• Greensleeves
    Greensleeves

I would love to visit and socialize with my apostate brother, Amicus.

• amicus
    amicus
    I would love to visit and socialize with my apostate brother, Amicus.

That's what we x's do best.

Can anyone play like we can?

The American River rafting is worth an apostafest though without the bar-b-que. :-)

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

This is an amusing thread to read - so full of agro!!!

I stopped going to meetings in the last 90's although I only truly left the borg behind me much later...

PS.... Will u believe, the grunge movement even reached us here, in darkest Africa! (Kurt)

• Greensleeves
    Greensleeves

Princess Daisy, I love you!!

I know about some terrible things that have been happening in Africa for years and years. I would like to come over there and protect everyone from the Evil that has been spreading. I would like to personally shoot the bastards that are enslaving children.

I am an American. I am well aware of the terrible things going on in Africa. Unfortunately, there isn't anything I can do. I am a firm believer in my Country staying out of others affairs. I don't know what I can do to help people in your Country or Continent. I would like to though.

I love Seether, and they came from South Africa. I know our music reaches over there. Don't listen right now, it all sucks really bad.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

There were about 10 of us "yewts" that bailed over time, out of a congregation of 100.

• S EIGHT
    S EIGHT

I was 18 in 1988.

From 1988 to 1993 a total of 11 teens were disfellowshipped. 2 of us returned to regain our families.

I progressed up the ladder and gained a position in the congo. The closer I got to the centre of what was going on the more I realised it was wrong so I became an apostate. The other person got reinstated and never came to a meeting.

So that's 11 lost. Disfellowshipping works huh?

• Greensleeves
    Greensleeves
    I progressed up the ladder and gained a position in the congo. The closer I got to the centre of what was going on the more I realised it was wrong so I became an apostate.

I figured out it was wrong before I "held any authority". You never got close to the center, you don't have even close to what you think. I would guess you were a MS at best and probably ran Mikes back and forth.

You don't even deserve this post. You suck. You suck really bad. Get the hell out of my thread.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I'm five years ahead of you, and I'd agree that the nineties were tough for the JWs, but I think that was about the change in the generation doctrine. I don't think any group of teenagers ever really has a new angle on angry-young-manhood.

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

I graduated high school in the early 70's

I left JW's in 1980

I flipped them all off - That's what one of my JC was about

Alice in Chains, Nirvana, NIN, on and on

It isn't necessarily a generational attitude

What I have learned, however

is to RESPECT others and THEIR opinions

while still expressing mine

Share this

Google+