How many youths left the WTS in the mid to late 90's?

by Greensleeves 34 Replies latest jw friends

• SuperApostateGirl
    SuperApostateGirl

No sarcasm Greensleves,I really couldn't believe there is a need for a sheep icon.The other part of the comment goes.

Lighten up,or I'll call you Redsleeves!

• Greensleeves
    Greensleeves

Amicus. I'm not talking about the Witnesses in the 70's!!

I am talking about the young people in the 90's! I understand the doctrine of the Witnesses in the 70's, with 1975 and all of that!

To quote "The Who", I'm talkin' about my Generation.

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit

F it, I haven't been here in a while, but I know where you are coming from. I remember receiving some sort of council about a "bad attitude" and leaving the KH parking lot blasting "Heresy" from Nine inch Nails on my way out afterwards. I wouldnt be DF'ed for a few years, and from a different congregation to boot... but it was right about then that I realized these mofos were full of shit. Mentally, I was finished as a JW right then and there. I know some of you oldschoolers are thinking... You little scallywag(sp)..listening to NIN and a song called "Heresy"... they were right to say you were a "bad influence" "bad attitude teener". Trust me, I was nothing of the sort. It was then, that I understood that song. That was my turning point. Music was my biggest influence. Funny, cuz those mofos were right. Listening to certain music can ruin your relationship with god what they want you to call "god". By the way, for all of you music lovers...... Check out Down: Down III: over the under if you like straight up rock music that has a message. Two songs to check if you are into good hard rock music... 1. nothing in return 2. Never try.

Peace

Justin

• shamus100
    shamus100

Hi Justin,

It's all just poetry. Be it Nine Inch Nails or Bob Marley, music is wonderful and goes across all boundaries. I liked Nine Inch Nails at the time because I had a lot of hate in me.

As for the fight about it comment, bad joke - forget it. Or you can watch Family Guy.

• Greensleeves
    Greensleeves

No need for that Super Apostate Girl.

Are you in touch with the American Northwest? Did the Seattle Scene reach that far into Canada?

You silly Canadian's.

• shamus100
    shamus100

May I answer?

Yes, it reached into Canada. Long long LONG before Nirvana and Kurt Kobain.

• Greensleeves
    Greensleeves
    it reached into Canada. Long long LONG before Nirvana and Kurt Kobain.

Facinating, but untrue.

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit
    I liked Nine Inch Nails at the time because I had a lot of hate in me.

I'd venture to say you liked NIN not because you "had a lot of hate in 'you'", but because you saw the hate around you. Bob Marley had a vision of the world that resembled a paradise that JWs guarantee. It will not happen. Neither the herb, nor the holy spirit will bring it forth. Mayhap an unusually strong "sun burst" shall? Trent had a vision of the world that showed it's true picture, not the idealistic one, and he painted it for those of us who had not previously recognized it. Many have before, and many shall continue to do so.

good day folks

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

My son left about 85.

He only went because my wife and I went.

No child in their right mind would want to go to the kingdumb hall.

• Greensleeves
    Greensleeves

River,

Right on.

I was and still am a huge Nirvana Fan. I like some NIN stuff, but really don't consider that part of the Grunge scene. I like Alice In Chains, Mudhoney, TAD, Soundgarden, etc. I feel that this "Generation" of people "flipped the finger" at JW beliefs.

I can see that the Generation that grew up in the 90's had a lot of "fuck you" in their blood. I witnessed my generation giving the finger to the Kingdom Hall and everything it represented. I was wondering if I could find some people of that Generation on this forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit