jwtalk...wow. just...wow.

by HeyThere 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

Blaming the victim is an old worldly game when it comes to child sexual abuse. It's happened for centuries and informed the writing of laws protecting perpetrators. So the loyal Witnesses are in "good" company by blaming the victim. Well done JWs!

I guess I just expected more from an organization that makes exclusive claims to be the sole possessors of "Truth", to have the hallmark of Christian love and who make such a big deal out of "sanctifying the True God's name. Shame on them for their willful hypocrisy and shokcing lack of empathy

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    They grasping at straws to save their delusion about their being in God's organization.
  • HeyThere
    HeyThere

Examples...in a thread talking about politics:

"Demonic games to keep people so much on edge, they think they don't have time for Scriptural things. So sad!"

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I'm not surprised that some would resort to conspiracy theories regarding the Conti case and other pedophilia cases. Members that are deeply involved and are willing to lay down their lives for the GB without batting an eye are the ones that refuse to believe what's right in front of them. Their mind conditioning is beyond reason.

I guess in my state a former elder that is now serving 25 years for pedophilia must all be made up as well. Oh, and so are the two victims who were initially silenced and are now victims must all be part of the conspiracy theories. What was I thinking! What a joke.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I have raised the topic in general conversations with some witnesses in my cong.

They have never heard of Candace Conti!

I said " you don't hear about the huuuugely publicised case?? Where have you been?"

Te reply from one elder: "there are a lot of false stories being spread by satan! You aren't looking at apostate sites are you??!!"

I replied in cynical shock: "if the leading US newspapers and TV networks are apostate, then I guess so"

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    HeyThere I've just had a look at the site. There's not much available for non- members, no surprise of course. So when you joined up did they ask for your congregation?
  • respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    How many of you are members on jwtalk?
    BTW,
    If anyone can post specific comments on JWtalk, please do so. It needs to be exposed, it's a piece of the puzzle.
    DD

I'm a member who reviews it for laughs on a regular basis. After they moved they thread to the Members Only area, I posted the first two pages of posts here, but Simon pulled it down, with the reason that the intent of this site isn't to ridicule members of another. It's his site, so I respect his decision.

I've actually posted on this particular jwtalk thread a number of times...heehee... (sprinkling an adequate amount of Kool Aid on it to avoid the moderators' wrath), however that thread has gone completely bananas with members really going after each other, apostates (obviously), Conti, and even the WTS policies. I can't believe the moderators haven't locked that thread up yet.

• millie210
    millie210

I have been reading there and noticed a couple of rather reasonable posts...you must be one of them Respectful_Observer!

I havent commented - just reading.

Its ridiculous reading (well except for a couple of posters)

• sir82
    sir82

I'm a member who reviews it for laughs on a regular basis.

There's another topic there in a members-only folder titled "sad abuse news". Is that on the same topic? More of the same there?

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

I can only hope that all this will lead to a policy change where the elders turn in the abusers to the local authorities as soon as the abuse is even suspected. Once if starts hurting the pocket, that is when changes happen.

Way to go Ms. Conti!!!

SL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit