I feel disheartened, confused, betrayed, depressed and angry.

by NickJ999 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

, but also have gotten tired and suspicious of anyone claiming to have a bead on "the truth".

I think its an important fact to reflect upon is that religious leaders who are living off the proceeds of the established religion $$$, make all their

doctrines the infallible Truth from whatever religion. Why is that shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Think as it as a product that they manufacturing and selling to the public.

Would you hire a sales representative that wouldn't behave as they have been trained and instructed to do, who wouldn't sell the product with the utmost vigor

desire and dedication?

Your subjective loyalty to these men and their devised directives gives that individual conditional love weighed upon and from that expressed loyalty.

The formulated endeavor that is being conducted at every Kingdom Hall is to search people from out of the general public who are willing to

work for these men who ALL say they are god's channel for all mankind.

Labeling the work as serving Jehovah and actually appeasing him for that individual's benefit come judgment day..

The key that make it all work is exploiting the writings in the bible and every time a doctrine is being devised by the GB heads thats exactly what they do,

they search what ever Scripture they can to support their own self contrived doctrine.

When you really think about it the WTS/JWs is an organized work of religious charlatanism that fosters pretentiously created power and control for a few men,

which was founded without regulation in a country that had the Inalienable right to form their own religion.

Hopefully one day we might see an end to this commercialized fraud by these modern day false prophets/profits.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Nick, I hear you on the Economy. My husband and I wonder what kind of a life our son will have. I'm wondering, though, where rents are as low as $550 to $750 a month? It's $1200 at a minimum where I live! And people fuss about raising the minimum wage!

What's frustrating is that our son will probably have to work harder and probably have less. We have already planned that he will live with us after he finishes college. Around here, even a college graduate will have difficulty supporting themselves with a starter job.

But, that doesn't mean the End is near. The Depression in the '30s was by all accounts much worse and here we are in the 21st century. The economy waxes and wanes over time. But, it can be frustrating to think about when we were always taught the world would end soon and we wouldn't have to deal with it anymore.

Glad you're enjoying your grandaughter. Little ones have a way of brightening up your life.

• NickJ999
    NickJ999

Thanks for everyone's reply.

We live in the northern midwest and a good job here only pays $14 to $18 per hour and usually no benefits. Many people are working 2 jobs at only $10 to $12 an hour. So, rents of $500 to $750 are the norm for a single bedroom place, plus utilities.

Yes, your son will have to work harder. Our oldest daughter went to college for teaching and never got more than sub jobs or one or two year contracts while another teacher was on leave. She graduated 10 years ago and now let her license lapse because it would cost about $2,000 to renew. She does not have the money and sees no point in trying to get into regular teaching. Now, she is looking at a potential "Specail Ed" job. It does not require a teachig degree but has other demands because of having to handle students with special needs. Interesting how this job would pay so much less than regualr teaching. She also works as a CNA part time to make ends meet.

It is frustrating, but thank you for your insights and reference to the 30's Depression Era. My parents went throough that and I did hear their stories of hardship. Yes. . the economy waxes and wanes. But I do beleive there is more corruption and due to computer/internet so many things are more easily manipulated than back in the 30's and the SEC and banking regulations have all but evaporated. Remember things like "usury laws'? Why are there 6 or 8 title loan, pay check loan, etc shops in every mile of main street USA? Well, I guess much of the rest of the world gets by on much less and it appears our leaders here are bound to have us live 3rd world lives while they get even richer. Pray for our children to find a way.

The "end is near"? Oh my. . the young ones in congregations that go by what the WT society says and have no ambition or exert little to make a living. So many either do that or find a business that uses other brothers/sisters to make money for them cleaning offices, deleivering packages, installing flooring, etc. I have know many who exploited the "part time" work ethic promoted at the KH and used it to hire brothers/sisters at low pay and they pocket great profits for themselves all the while saying how good it was that they could help others pioneer. Yet these same had new cars or trucks, health care, a new house, etc. while the working brothers/sisters barely were making it. "Happily" the promoters would put it. Sorry. . more bitterness eeking out.

Thank you all again. Must go pick up grand daughter at day care.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit