I feel disheartened, confused, betrayed, depressed and angry.

by NickJ999 32 Replies latest jw friends

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

Hi Nick and Welcome.

Your in good company, many people here have been hurt and abused by this behemoth of a "loving organisation" myself included.

Keep looking and researching and you'll find some peace of mind eventually.

Regards

David.

• yknot
    yknot

Oh we all understand that anger.......all too well! BTW anytime there is 'nu light' there is a reason of benefit to the society......it is never about God or R&F. I like to think of the WTS much like they paint 'Christendom' and demons......there is some truth spoken. Also as far as another denomination, I would re-read the Bible first with WT blinders, only holy spirit. Then ask yourselves the benefits and downfalls of attending a congregation. My husband is Southern Baptist and while don't agree with all their doctrines they do provide my family associations that I find beneficial and upbulding in Christ. I accept that my spirituality is individual not organizational. I would not hesitate to 'church hop' if it served my spiritual and Christian association needs. Keep posting!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and welcome. I can tell you that almost everyone here felt exactly as you descirbed when we first left, and there are thousands of us on this board. You are not alone. And yes, it gets better, and easier.

And a helpful tip for keeping your paragraphs where you put them:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/24/152397/1.ashx

Love,
    Baba.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Welcome, Nick. You told your story very well and your feelings are quite consistent with the betrayal that you've experienced.

I have been out of the organization for over 30 years, but I can remember clearly the anger and hurt I felt at realizing that I had been misled by the WTS. And I was not even treated badly, as you were.

You said:

I have read things on various ex-JW websites but I have problems rejecting ALL the JW beliefs.

There is a saying "Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile." Meaning, certainly the JWs get some things right. After all, as you also said,

And I can see the things about Holidays being very commercial, politics being corrupt, etc.

Guess what? Even "worldly" people know that holidays are commercialized and that politics are rife with corruption! The WTS holds no exclusive franchise on these observations.

IMO, it boils down to this: Is this the Truth - 100% - or not? Is the WTS God's mouthpiece on earth or not? Do some research, Nick, and you will soon discover that it is NOT.

Most of us here would recommend that your next step is to read Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz.

Best to you and hope to hear more of your story in time.

• redredrose
    redredrose

So many on this board have or have had these same feelings, I think you will find a lot of understanding here.

Its also a great place to ask questions.

• gloobster
    gloobster
    And a helpful tip for keeping your paragraphs where you put them:

I just downloaded the IE Tab extension for Firefox. It works great! Can post properly now without using IE!

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Welcome

BizzyBee had good advise

Good reading recommendation

Helped me alot

Diverse crowd here

All here to help

Keep posting

We'll keep supporting

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote: I feel disheartened, confused, betrayed, depressed and angry.

Sounds pretty normal. Other than that, how ya doin'?

• amicus
    amicus

You are in good company here.

I was educated by some of the best Catholic schools available. We're close to the same age. I missed Vietnam as; 1. Dad asked me not to volunteer, 2. I had a College deferment and 3. My draft number was 264. Other than that I wanted to be a Marine, not like you AF woosies. ;-)

I cut all ties to the witnesses 12? years ago, but I clearly remember what I felt when I realized that I had been bamboozled.

Like others have said, feel free to chat with us, but do try to break that wall of text into paragraphs.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

SO MANY OF US HAVE BEEN BETRAYED, AND ARE VERY ANGRY AND DEPRESSED BUT AM GLAD YOU SEE HOW TWO FACED THE WTS IS. STAY AWAY FROM THOSE SO CALLED CHRISTAINS AND DO A LOT OF RESEARCH ON THEM, YOU WILL FIND THEY NEVER DID HAVE THE TRUTH. THEIR LITERATURE IS THEIR WORSE ENEMY.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit