What were you "done" for?

by Amha·’aret 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Just wondering what the most unusual or flippant reasons are for people being booted from the cong. I know the org makes out that almost everyone who is ousted is guilty of fornication but they're hardly going to say that people are leaving coz of all the lies, deceit and propoganda they spin!

If your "crime" was apostacy, what exactly happened? And did you get the scriptural 2 warnings first? (Tit 3:10,11)

Am

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

They didn't boot me out of the congregation. I booted them out of my life because I wanted nothing to do with a cult that protects pedophiles.

W

• james_woods
    james_woods

I wrote them a long letter detailing all my grievances with the false teachings and false prophecy of the organization in 1980.

They sat on it until about 1983, and called me then to tell me I was DFd without a hearing.

I said fine, goodbye.

• yknot
    yknot
    If your "crime" was apostacy, what exactly happened? And did you get the scriptural 2 warnings first? (Tit 3:10,11)

I wasn't 'ousted' ( I left this June, into inactivity) so much as marked.

My crimes:

1. Born female

2. Taught to discern (read critical thinking, speaking about my opinions and asking tons of questions)

3. Was a child

4. Stood up for myself and others when abuse occurred.

No warnings (or chance of redemption) just immediatly labeled.....(ahhh hated by the world and the KH......all just a test from Satan in my little child mind)

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I wasnt kicked out.

For all I know I'm still in good standing. I dont know if you can be in good standing without going to the meetings or out in field service.

After January 1 1976, I couldnt believe anymore.

• Greensleeves
    Greensleeves

Before you can ask others what they were ousted for you should confess what you did.

I was never baptized, but was raised my fathers (Elders) son.

What did you do?

• seek2find
    seek2find

I was given the boot in March of this year (2008) at 50 years of age (all those as a witness). My crime was looking to Jesus as the ultimate authority, not the Watchtower society. I was told "You want to live in the spiritual Paradise but you don't want to pay the rent" And also that "a little disloyalty to the organization is like a little disloyalty to your marriage mate". "None is acceptable". To me it all came down to this issue. Who do I want to follow? Christ or the Organization? I choose the former, and I'm proud to have stood for something and someone who doesn't change and isn't harsh and cruel. I miss family and friends, but I'm confident I'll never be alone. (Heb. 13:5) seek2find

• HSS1971
    HSS1971

I'll set it up first.

First, my then wife, (now my ex-wife) moved out of our apt. and back with her mother. Nothing I did or did'nt do. Thats just what she does because of emotional/mental problems. After about a week alone, I moved out of the apt. into a motel room. Before I moved out, I went through all our things and packed the things I wanted to save. Anyways after I was done with that, I did'nt bother to tidy up and the apartment looked a mess. I admit I was angry and confused as to why she would just up and leave like that. There was no violence, no cursing, or anything like that. I did my best to treat her with respect. I was'nt a perfect husband nor was she a perfect wife. But I never cheated on her or treated her rough. I never even cussed at her. I did call her a hypocrate once. Both of us continued to go to the meetings although separately. She did'nt even sit beside me at the meetings. You can probably guess that this gave a lot of fuel for gossip and speculation among the cong. to see a married couple sit at opposite sides of the hall at a meeting.

About 2 weeks later I did meet with the JC. They never explained it was a judicial hearing at the time the elders asked if I would meet with them after a Thurs. night meeting. I thought I would get some help/counsel for my situation. It was explained to me that since I left the apartment a mess, I must have had a fit of anger, which I did. They explained to me that that constitues "loose conduct" on my part. I was defensive and asked what right did they have to judge me on how tidy or untidy my apartment was. They took that as unrepentance. This happened in July 1997, I was 26 yrs. old. I was only baptised 5 years.

There were a few factors in play. The elders on the judicial committee consisted of Leo Faust, elder for at least 10 years or better. Jason Faust ( Leo Faust's son), newly appointed, wet behind the ears. And Frank Clark, another long-time elder whom I felt was a decent human being.

The youger elder Faust got some judicial/disfellowshipping training at my expense. Also, God forbid there should be a married couple not sitting beside eachother at the meetings !! Too much of a "disruption".

After all this happend, I vowed to myself that if I ever saw the first two elders out on the street that I would beat the crap out of them until someone strong enough could pull me off and not care if I went to prison for it.

I did try to get reinstated for about 4 or 5 months in 2003 in a neighboring cong. But decided what the hell.

After reading Crisis of Conscience recently, my attitude has changed. I want to thank all three of those men for disfellowshipping me from their counterfeit congregation. If I were still in, I would still be blind. I have no more anger toward them anymore. Thanks to the internet and Brother Ray Franz I now see the truth behind the mask. I now see just how anti-Christian the watchtower is.

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Hi Greensleeves,

I've never been done for anything. Never had a a JC meeting or a reproof much less of DF or DA. I'm trying to keep my nose clean and fade slowly so I don't get shunned by family. Had a "worldly" boyfriend once but no one said much about it.

Am

• mouthy
    mouthy

Bit late in my answer .just saw this. I was d/f because I said I didnt believe that Jesus returned in 1914...

When the elders approached me about it in my home,they said I HAD to believe it or I would be d/f I cried & asked what they would do if I killed myself ,One of them shrugged his shoulders.

I was d/f in 1987 after making 10 people JWS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit