obama quote

by hillbilly 52 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I am seriously thinking about sitting this election out and just being a part of the problem this year. Maybe clean the guns and wait for the revolution to start.

Don't waste your vote. Do your duty. At least vote third party in protest. They won't win, but a good turnout will send a message.

http://www.lp.org/

or

http://www.gp.org/

I might vote for the first one.

BTS

• snowbird
    snowbird
    We don't need another FDR.

Sorry, Burn, but we already have him.

The disabled FDR was openly hailed as a savior by a lot of Black people because, having a disability of their own (racism), they could so readily identify with him. You don't think it's a coincidence that a lot of Black men from that period are named Roosevelt, do you?

Obama is being hailed as a savior by a lot of White people because, having come to the end of their road (materialism), they are desperately seeking redemption.

Just watch this thing unfold. To quote JCanon, "Hang on, the ride will be bumpy!"

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Obama is being hailed as a savior by a lot of White people because, having come to the end of their road (materialism), they are desperately seeking redemption.

Redemption? From what?

BTS

• snowbird
    snowbird

Redemption? From what?

BTS

Redemption from their sins of commission as well as omission in denying Blacks and others the right to the pursuit of the American Dream.

Sylvia

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Redemption? From what?

BTS

Obama should turn America back to its altruistic roots. Too bad that "1000 points of light" angle got used up by Bush, Sr. Greed was good...now it's bad.

Do I have to put everything in context for ya Burn?

~J

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Redemption from their sins of commission as well as omission in denying Blacks and others the right to the pursuit of the American Dream.

Voting this guy in is a bad way to "redeem yourself", imho. When he screws up, and he will, badly, it is going to do more harm than good. Mark my words. As for me, I have no guilt. I have never committed nor omitted anyone. I don't see myself as being part of a "class" of people so my guilt or lack thereof is my own as an individual.

So tell me, other than the color of his skin, the illusion of the "new" and his high-sounding rhetoric, why should I vote for this man?

BTS

• Priest73
    Priest73

Change Burns. Change. He got it and he's handing out.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Do I have to put everything in context for ya Burn?

~J

Hill, does this mean you're not an angry White male anymore?

Voting this guy in is a bad way to "redeem yourself", imho. When he screws up, and he will, badly, it is going to do more harm than good. Mark my words. As for me, I have no guilt. I have never committed nor omitted anyone. I don't see myself as being part of a "class" of people so my guilt or lack thereof is my own as an individual.

So tell me, other than the color of his skin, the illusion of the "new" and his high-sounding rhetoric, why should I vote for this man?

BTS

Easy does it, Burn.

I'm referring to those Whites who are motivated by guilt, fear, and the hope of salvation by association.

Sylvia

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I'm referring to those Whites who are motivated by guilt, fear, and the hope of salvation by association.

Snowbird

We play that set now and again ... topic: repatriation and damages to descendants of slaves. That goes over like a turd in a punchbowl. I really dont think Obama will pick up a bunch of votes from white who feel bad about slavery etc ......or the civil rights issues of the 50's and 60's.

I come across black folks with my last (Irish) name. I figure some of my kin must of owned their kin once upon a time........ but they are dead.

This angry white man thing is a lifestyle choice for me....... emotionally invested ya know!

When Jesse Jackson wants to cut your b@lls off ..... that cant be good.

Hill

• Satanus
    Satanus

People who think that they are entitled, that the country owes them are a cancer to the american dream. To quote jfk, it's not about what you can get, it's about what you can give.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit