obama quote

by hillbilly 52 Replies latest jw friends

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    "Finally, a gaffe that is far more worrisome than the others: According to Obama, the U.S. 'cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set.' He continued, 'We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.' Whoa there, compadre! (That's a little Spanish there for the man who wants us all to learn it.) Will this 'national security force' also wear brown shirts? Oddly enough, it seems that Obama's campaign realized that wouldn't fly---the line was stricken from the transcripts given to the media, though it is still in the video posted on YouTube." -- Mark Alexander, Patriot Post, 07/18/2008

I know this will get poo-pooed for being some "conservative propaganda" ... could any of ya'all confirm or deny this Obama quote?

NPR states that about 80% of Germans and Frenchmen would vote for Obama. Why dont they come on over if they are that interested?

~Jeff

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    could any of ya'all confirm or deny this Obama quote?

I've heard it.

It is in this speech at 16:45:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df2p6867_pw

BTS

• Priest73
    Priest73

No. It just means that we all get one bullet, and get to run around yelling "citizen's arrest"

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

One wonders what color shirts his force would wear?

Brown or black?

No...red.

I am already in a citizen security force. Everyone is.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/311.html

• K.Matthews
    K.Matthews

He is one to loves to bash the war and I do tend to agree about that to a certain extent as we're spending a lot of money on the war. But we are sending FOUR times as much money every day over seas to foreign oil companies. It's the biggest exchange of wealth ever and guess what, no one is complaining about it nor doing anything about it. Instead it's much more popular to just whine about the "war" machine.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    He is one to loves to bash the war and I do tend to agree about that to a certain extent as we're spending a lot of money on the war. But we are sending FOUR times as much money every day over seas to foreign oil companies. It's the biggest exchange of wealth ever and guess what, no one is complaining about it nor doing anything about it. Instead it's much more popular to just whine about the "war" machine.

Channeling T. Boone Pickens? He's right though. BTS

• Priest73
    Priest73

Pickens is just a windbag.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Why? Seriously. BTS

• Priest73
    Priest73

just a joke. A bad one I'll admit. He's pushing wind technology? windbag? get it. I'll shut up now.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Boone didnt get his name on $gabillion worth of buildings down here at OK State buy being dumb. The guy is spending about $60 million just to promote wind power in the media.

For a old oilman to get on the wind power bandwagon at his age tells me there is money to be made. The future is cheap renewable power and wind is the ticket.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit