obama quote

by hillbilly 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Priest73
    Priest73

I see everyone has a little sand in our "gina's" this morning.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    just a joke. A bad one I'll admit. He's pushing wind technology? windbag? get it. I'll shut up now.

D'OH! Now I get it.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

sorry Preist.........my humor meter has a busted needle lately.

Jeff

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I don't think O'bomber is talking about some new paramilitary org here. This is what precedes that part:

Today, AmeriCorps – our nation’s network of local, state and national service programs – has 75,000 slots. And I know firsthand the quality of these programs. My wife Michelle once left her job at a law firm at city hall to be a founding director of an AmeriCorps program in Chicago that trains young people for careers in public service. These programs invest Americans in their communities and their country. They tap America’s greatest resource – our citizens.
    That’s why as President, I will expand AmeriCorps to 250,000 slots, and make that increased service a vehicle to meet national goals like providing health care and education, saving our planet and restoring our standing in the world, so that citizens see their efforts connected to a common purpose. People of all ages, stations, and skills will be asked to serve. Because when it comes to the challenges we face, the American people are not the problem – they are the answer.
    So we are going to send more college graduates to teach and mentor our young people. We’ll call on Americans to join an Energy Corps to conduct renewable energy and environmental cleanup projects in their neighborhoods all across the country. We will enlist our veterans to find jobs and support for other vets, to be there for our military families. And we’re going to grow our Foreign Service, open consulates that have been shuttered, and double the size of Peace Corps by 2011 to renew our diplomacy.

He is talking about some new huge civil service organization.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I am glad the baracrockstar is thinking ahead.

It took FDR a few months to put the WPA, NRA, CCC etc etc et al in place during the last depression. The way things are heading we will need a work force to paint murals, clear brush, and make soup.

~jeff

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

We don't need another FDR.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

But you didn't really need BTS to put that in context for you, now did ya, Hillbilly?

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    We don't need another FDR.
    ~BTS

haha... dont worry... the new FDR wont be a white guy from New York. His pals call him "Barry".

~Jeff

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    haha... dont worry... the new FDR wont be a white guy from New York. His pals call him "Barry".

Chavez has done something similar in Venezuela. "Barrio Adentro". Some of my wife's family members over there work for it. And they wear red shirts.

BTS

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    But you didn't really need BTS to put that in context for you, now did ya, Hillbilly?

6o9

Hi Six........ a day without you around would be like a day without sunshine.

So I guess you think Obama just wants to enlarge the Peace Corp... etc etc?

I am seriously thinking about sitting this election out and just being a part of the problem this year. Maybe clean the guns and wait for the revolution to start.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit