Banned from my sisters wedding

by LunaFing 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• LunaFing
    LunaFing

Hi everyone. I'm feeling rejected and hurt because I've just been informed that I am not invited to my little sisters wedding. First, here's a little background story on my relationship with her: She and I are three years apart. When we were younger we were very close (I was in the "truth" back then). After I became inactive she started acting differently towards me. After it became known that I wasn't going back, she started shunning me in subtle ways. She rarely talks to me and when they visit she just grabs a book from my bookshelf and sits there and reads. Anyway, she's been talking about getting married for about a year and she told me that she even spoke to the elders about me and if I should be allowed to come to her wedding. They said it would be ok since I haven't been DF'd. So she gets an ok from them but make the choice of not inviting me anyway. I am so upset! I can add this experience to the many reasons I won't go back to that hateful religion.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((LunaFing)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Sorry to hear about your sister flunking the Family vs. Cult Loyalty Test.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

So sorry to hear that. Show some grace, and send her a lovely card congratulating her and remembering how close you used to be. Remember that it's her cult personality that's doin this and not the real person.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Ouch, sorry to hear it! That's gotta smart. It's almost like she is punishing you by telling you the elders ok'd it. She feels abandoned I suppose, wrongly, but that's how she probably perceives the situation. She wants to hurt you right now, which is toxic for you. I'd simply tell her you are sorry she feels that way and that you hope she has a wonderful day and leave it at that. She wants to know she's hurting you, wants to know its going to sting, I wouldn't give her the satisfaction of letting her know she succeeded. ((Hugs))

• whitman
    whitman

Oh dear....my heart goes out to you.

• maximumtool
    maximumtool

I am truly sorry to read about this...

My situation is very similar. And it too is another reason that I would never go back.

I know it is small consolation, but they are the ones who are wrong. They are the ones who are missing out, even though it seems that you are the one that is suffering. They are the ones who remain enslaved every day of their lives...

• BFD
    BFD

You guys are too nice but, probably right. Sorry about your troubles, luna.

I would show up at the wedding and throw cooked rice at the "happy couple" as they exited the Kingdumb Hall.

BFD

• TrekkerJW
    TrekkerJW

I am so sorry to hear that, LunaFing. The cult can be hard to deal with, can't it?

I'm not DF'd, but my family has shunned me since I came out three years ago. I expected that my brother wouldn't choose to invite me to his wedding last weekend, but he did! I wasn't invited to the reception, though, even after I pointed out that my (former) best friend's DF'd brother-in-law came to my friend's wedding AND reception.

• TrekkerJW
    TrekkerJW

Cooked rice, BFD? How deliciously nasty. Bwa hah hah!

• amama2six
    amama2six

Awww that sucks, Luna...I'm sorry to hear that. :( I will never understand how they can condone, let alone encourage, treating anyone that way...let alone family!!! :mad:

On a slightly sillier note...I doubt the wedding and reception will be much fun, anyhow. :P

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit